1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Ram Tough
By smh1992 on 12/16/13 11:10 AM (PST)

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought a 1999 Sport model with the 5.9L with 135,000 miles. Never had a truck before, but I love this vehicle. I'm a bigger guy and I have more than enough room. This truck is the definition of toughness. I like to take it off-roading and it handles itself very well. Best looking truck on the road too, in my opinion. That 5.9L V8 is a beast too. Love when I step on the gas and hear that engine roar. The 4X4 works extremely well too. Where I live, we get pretty deep snow and I've never once gotten stuck in 4WD. Overall a great truck and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a stylish, powerful, roomy pickup. Will look to buy another one when this one dies on me.

Huge Mistake On This Purchase
By addiesue on 12/09/12 06:05 AM (PST)

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck new in 1999 and have had nothing but problems from day one. I had 4,200 miles on it and the serpintine belt failed. I have replaced the intake gasket,all the u-joints,front wheel bearing,brake lines,idler pully,another serpintine belt,the fuel pump is going out,cat conv,front speakers,has a broken latch on inside quad doors,headlights get water in them,,trans slips,replaced speed sensor,replace trans pan rust caused a hole,clear coat on roof is gone. i have 83,000 miles on this truck and I would never buy a Dodge truck again.Note to owners on the auto-trans, put in (nuteral) and run for 2 min before driving the torque conveter drains fluid while sitting and ruins trans.

What a Dream
By Joeffr42 on 01/28/06 23:35 PM (PST)

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Extended Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this vehicle with 26,000 miles on it. Best truck I have ever owned! Have had no problems with transmision or engine. The power driver seat has enough options to give a very comfortable ride. Looking forward to many more years of great service from this vehicle.