1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Good Truck
By Paul on 05/23/06 17:23 PM (PDT)

1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I've had this truck a little more than 4 years, and the only major work I've done has been the fuel pump. The truck now has 98000 miles, rides and drives like new

This truck kicks @ss!
By Thomas123 on 01/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I've had my truck for almost 8 months now, and I have nothing but good things to say about it. It is amazingly powerful with the 5.9L V8, and it is truely fun to drive.

Dodge Ram Sport
By RamFan on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

Was in the shop twice for tranny problems. The first time was the day after I bought it - O-ring installed improperly. The second time a spool valve needed replaced (made tranny noisy in reverse). Also, the FM section of the Infinity stereo comes and goes. Actually, no major problems. I plan on keeping it for many years.

dodge half tone
By ranchhouse on 07/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

have had very few problems -- nothing that should be unexpected, warranty has been hassle-free,

Satified with 96 Dodge
By SteveB5815 on 06/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I liked the "new" style Dodge trucks since they came out in '94. When my Blazer crapped out leaving me stranded on the highway, I decided it was time for a change. This truck has been very reliable so far. Maintenance is a must, . I don't drive my stuff into the ground then complain about it. Part of the cost of ownership is regular maintenance and abusive treatment will ruin any vehicle be it Ford Chevy or Dodge. If you want to own one of the coolest trucks ever made, get one of these models. If you want "me to" or boring then F & C are there for you.