Used 2005 Dodge Neon Sedan Consumer Reviews - 113 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Great little car
By Mark

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car after our daughter was hit head on with a 1998 neon. After I saw how it was in a crash I decided to buy another. I enjoy the handling. It gets 32-33 mpg all the time. I did have the cam position sensor go out, but it was not a big deal to change. I found out that it is a common problem. I run Goodyear comfort tread tires, and it really hugs the road in tight turns. I actually accelerate through the turn.

Handling, stereo

Noisy brakes

Don't waste your money!
By guest

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2007 for almost 11 grand. That was my first mistake. It had 20k miles on it n I traded it in at 56k just in may of 2010. During the time I had it, I didn't feel safe. I would pull out into the road and sometimes it would stop me in the middle of the road. I had issues with fuses and my gauges not working. I replaced 2 02 sensors and a battery. I lived only 12 miles away from work and I feel like I fueled up all the time. In the winter, when I started it up, it would start jumping and the lights would flicker and it would shut off on me all the time. Its left me sit several times. I traded it in a few months ago and its the best thing I've ever done!

although I had the issues I did, I did like the stereo in the car and it was very comfortable. It also took corners and turns very well. I also liked that the seats went down to create more room when needed.

Could have been made better and safer. I'm glad they are no longer being made!

Great first car!
By Matt

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first car to personally own. I've also driven a Lexus ES 300, a Honda Odyssey, and a Ford Ranger in the past, and this car is by far the most fun to drive! I bought it last October with 68k miles on it, and I now have about 71k on it. Haven't had a single problem with it, except a flat tire, but that's only because I ran over a nail. I love this car and I really wish that Chrysler still made them, especially now that everyone is looking for small fuel- efficient cars. Bringing them back would probably be a good idea, as they'd probably sell really well in this market.

The handling, the fuel economy, and of course the AWESOME stereo that comes with the car. Almost everything about this car is great!

Every once in a while, when the car shifts gears automatically, it's a little jerky. Also, sometimes the car is a little bumpy on roads that aren't very smooth. Overall great car though!

The trunk leaks
By Danny

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Dodge Neon and it has low mileage but the trunk leaks. It gets water in the wheel well under the spare in the trunk and also in the back floor under both sides. I have to go vacuum it out and then air it out. The manufacturer did not seal the trunk correctly and no one seems to know how to fix it. It is now out of warranty. I am not happy about this. Otherwise it is a good car, but my right front power window just went out and the air conditioner could be colder at only 38,500 miles.

The care drives very well in city and on highway and is fun to drive. The gas mileage is OK. Wish all windows were tinted from manufacturer.

Fix the sealants around trunk so it doesn't Leak. Improve the air conditioner. Improve the seats for more comfort.

Chrysler should still make them!
By sharong60

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my SXT brand new and have had her almost 5 years now and still love her! I love the fuel economy and can get 400 miles on a full tank! She handles great except on ice! I think it's the lightweight body. I love the interior and exterior styling! Great stereo, well lit dash, great heater, a/c, like the pull down back seats, which make it almost a hatchback! Parts are cheap. Good warranty. Have had to put very little maintenance on her. Did get new tires last summer. And had a motor go out on my power window, replaced free thru warranty. Had to get a new battery last year. She starts even when left outside in extreme cold. Right now, Chrysler would have a goldmine in the Neon!

Power windows, stereo, keyless remote, folddown back seats, trunk release on remote, fog lights,and, of course,great gas mileage!

Wish back windows were power too. Side airbags would be nice, install gps/onstar/sirrus radio, power antenna.