2000 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
2000 Dodge Neon
By leviathaan on 02/27/14 08:46 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Neon Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 Dodge Neon automatic with 40,000 miles on it, it currently has 259,000. No real issues, replaced all 4 struts, rotors and 1 battery in the 7 years I've owned it. It has a slight tick in the engine, but other than that nothing wrong with this one, even after hearing all the horror stories, mine is still going. It still gets 30mpg in both the summer and winter.

Awesome
By parker21 on 07/05/12 09:19 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Neon Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

What a great little car! I bought it as my first car for $300 with 149000 miles not too bad for 12 years old. It has few problems but I heard neons are easy to work on. Its also very comfortable and more interior room and features compared to the older past generation neon. Hope to have this car for a long time and get it running in time to get my license wish me luck with my new car eveyone bye! 2000 Dodge neon ES Automatic

Been a very good car
By Barry on 05/31/10 18:32 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Neon Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

My wife bought the car with about 60,000 miles on it about 6 years ago. Now has 144,000 and going strong. The only things I can fault manufacture quality to, are a bad oil pressure sensor and a tensioner pulley. Other than that it has been very reliable.

Sad to see it go
By LuvMyNeon on 07/01/09 09:13 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Neon Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I have had my Neon for over 8 years now. I love this car, most of the time. I would gladly have purchased another if Dodge hadn't stopped making them! In the 8 years I've had it, I've put 108,000 miles on it(currently at 121,000+). Other than routine maintenance, I had very few problems with this car. I replaced the front brakes twice, back brakes once, replaced the timing belt and the alternator. The car always idled a little roughly, especially when it was getting close to needing an oil change. The locks on the car did freeze frequently in the winter and the driver's lock broke completely earlier this year. I'm sad to see my baby go!

A good first car
By Shin on 04/05/09 14:53 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Neon Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

This is my first car I've had this for almost 5 years now I'm at 108k miles, I've only had some minor issues. My car rough idles every once in a while and makes noises on the driver side front tire when I turn right, I've had it checked out and everyone has told me that there's nothing wrong, they only found a leaky freeze plug that sits in the back engine, however had my dad look at it and told me that its old residue, nothing to worry about. I have a leaky valve cover issue as well, I love the interior design, the only problem inside is the bar between the door and windshield, it creates a major blindspot, also I get poor gas mileage, between 20-25mpg...overall a good starter car.

Still love it
By ambersheree3 on 02/23/09 19:44 PM (PST)

2000 Dodge Neon Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I bought my Neon with 27,000 on it, it now has 92,000. I've replaced 3 wheel bearrings (2 front, 1 rear), the starter, and have gone through 3 oil sending units (oil leaks from the wire harness plug) and I am still fine with driving this car! It still starts right up every morning and zooms through traffic! Even after $3000 worth of hail damage, and a enough other body damage to total the thing! It's definitely not the nicest looking car around, but it's free (paid off) and is still great after 4 years of crazy driving.

Turning against me
By genxp on 04/18/08 09:41 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Neon Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I bought this new, paid off and still driving it, has about 200,000 clicks to it. Most trouble I've had with it are emergency brake locking my rear wheel, once. Brakes locking on cylinder when parked for extended period, a week, while on vacations. Recently replace power steering hose and sway bar. Most trouble is with brakes. Replaced timing belt, power steering, tires, and still enjoy owning it. First time new also recall having trouble with rain pooling on the rear passenger floor. Trouble was

Neon in Neutral
By Macadew on 10/16/07 16:43 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Neon Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

The Neon has been fairly reliable and gets excellent gas mileage. It's a five speed which helps with mileage and makes it more valuable.The car has held up well overall and now has 103,000 miles. It makes a loud whining sound whenever turning the steering wheel which is obnoxious. The ride isn't very smooth, but I guess that's the case with most small cars.

I absolutely love my car!
By Rosie on 06/23/07 21:49 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Neon Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

My Neon is the first car I've ever had and I love it. It's as standard as it comes, no power windows or locks, no overdrive, and it had been a rental car as well. I've had this car since 2001 and I have not had one problem with it. The obvious things like spark plugs or changing a bulb in a light but that's it. It gets me where I need to go, and it looks good in the process. I would recommend Neon to anyone, and I'd buy another one if given the opportunity.

Great car for the money
By ambersheree on 10/07/06 12:55 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Neon Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I bought this car almost 2 years ago with 27,000 miles on it for $4500. A Dodge Neon was the last thing that I thought I would buy, but it was in my price range, and I didn't have a lot of time to shop around. My Neon now has about 55,000 miles on it, and the only thing that I've had to do to my car is new front brakes (normal) and new tires (I live in Michigan, Neon's don't like snow). The tires were pretty expensive, but there's usually a less expensive option for them. Right now my car is making a pretty loud noise from the front axle, which i'll be fixing soon (I'm pretty sure it's the wheel bearing). Overall I'm very happy with my car. I only wish that it wasn't purple!