Used 2000 Dodge Neon ES Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

2000 Dodge Neon
By leviathaan

2000 Dodge Neon Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 Dodge Neon automatic with 40,000 miles on it, it currently has 259,000. No real issues, replaced all 4 struts, rotors and 1 battery in the 7 years I've owned it. It has a slight tick in the engine, but other than that nothing wrong with this one, even after hearing all the horror stories, mine is still going. It still gets 30mpg in both the summer and winter.

Gas mileage is awesome at 30mpg, reliable. No major issues with engine or body.

Seats could use some more padding, wind noises on doors.

Awesome
By parker21

2000 Dodge Neon Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

What a great little car! I bought it as my first car for $300 with 149000 miles not too bad for 12 years old. It has few problems but I heard neons are easy to work on. Its also very comfortable and more interior room and features compared to the older past generation neon. Hope to have this car for a long time and get it running in time to get my license wish me luck with my new car eveyone bye! 2000 Dodge neon ES Automatic

Been a very good car
By Barry

2000 Dodge Neon Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

My wife bought the car with about 60,000 miles on it about 6 years ago. Now has 144,000 and going strong. The only things I can fault manufacture quality to, are a bad oil pressure sensor and a tensioner pulley. Other than that it has been very reliable.

Sad to see it go
By LuvMyNeon

2000 Dodge Neon Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I have had my Neon for over 8 years now. I love this car, most of the time. I would gladly have purchased another if Dodge hadn't stopped making them! In the 8 years I've had it, I've put 108,000 miles on it(currently at 121,000+). Other than routine maintenance, I had very few problems with this car. I replaced the front brakes twice, back brakes once, replaced the timing belt and the alternator. The car always idled a little roughly, especially when it was getting close to needing an oil change. The locks on the car did freeze frequently in the winter and the driver's lock broke completely earlier this year. I'm sad to see my baby go!

Gas mileage, handling, trunk space

Power accessories, quieter engine, center console design.

A good first car
By Shin

2000 Dodge Neon Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

This is my first car I've had this for almost 5 years now I'm at 108k miles, I've only had some minor issues. My car rough idles every once in a while and makes noises on the driver side front tire when I turn right, I've had it checked out and everyone has told me that there's nothing wrong, they only found a leaky freeze plug that sits in the back engine, however had my dad look at it and told me that its old residue, nothing to worry about. I have a leaky valve cover issue as well, I love the interior design, the only problem inside is the bar between the door and windshield, it creates a major blindspot, also I get poor gas mileage, between 20-25mpg...overall a good starter car.

Interior design, the whole car design, seats are very comfortable, fun to drive

Better gas mileage, rid of the thick bar in between the windshield and door