Used 1991 Dodge Dynasty Base Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Dodge Dynasty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dynasty model:

LOVE MY GRANDMA CAR!!!
By JoshinColorado

1991 Dodge Dynasty 4dr Sedan

I bought my Dynasty from my Grandmother in 1998. She bought it from Budget car sales when it only had 30,000 miles on it. I bought it with 98,000 miles and as of today it currently has 200,000+ miles on it and is still running strong! I have had to rebuild the transmission but besides normal stuff that you need to repair/replace, I've never had a problem with it. It's NEVER left me stranded anywhere and the seats are still to this day so COMFY! The seats alone are every reason to own this car! Great engine, great comfort, great design! Dodge made a big mistake getting rid of this automobile! I'll drive it until the body rusts away!!!!!! LOVE MY DODGE!!!!

3.3L V6 engine, HUGE TRUNK, comfort, reliablity, GREAT handling in the snow (it's a tank), Easy to work on!!

Interior door handle mounting was designed poorly.

Just ok
By dodgedynasty91

1991 Dodge Dynasty 4dr Sedan

I bought the car from a Nissan dealership...they said an older couple traded it in. It had 101,000 miles, took it home, changed the oil, it appears the dealer put something in it to cover up a valve tap, so after changing the oil it started tapping. Later the odometer broke. Transmission started shifting hard, had a problem where it wouldn't start well. Overall it would go anywhere, it just had alot of glitches..

The car was extremely comfortable,interior was strong, body was strong

Transmission, odometer, gas mileage

This car I drive
By Joshua_S

1991 Dodge Dynasty 4dr Sedan

Well I was really loving this 91 dynasty of mine but just two days ago the transmission has almost completely failed. I guess Im going to have a used tranny put in but otherwise I was happy with this car. When it was given to me I hadn't had a single problem with it. Not one. It always started and still does even though its tranny wont shift gears. The thing is I am guessing on the mileage because the odometer broke at 47,000 k. I like the bench seats for the most part because they are quite comfortable. Not as ergonomic as the Japanese counter-parts but still comfortable. It does have a reasonably powerful engine but it isnt a smooth ride. Not as smooth as other cars I ride of same age.

Bench seats, Roomy, Reasonable speakers for that age, Reliable other than transmission failure(getting to be that age)

Id like to say make the transmission more mechanically sound but perhaps any car would do this at this age. I wish it had a cd player but you can get those. Also the car makes a High pitched whining all the time which is sort of annoying but can be overlooked.

The good ole days in my 91 Dynasty
By paladin

1991 Dodge Dynasty 4dr Sedan

Best car i ever owned. I bought this
vehicle as a rental return/ program car
from a dealer that had 50 of them for
sale , all at the same price.I drove 5
of them till i got the "right feel" on
the one we bought,drove the salesman
crazy, and i didnt care what the color
was. We raised our young family in this
car, and when we traded up to a van in
1998, my 10 year old son mourned our
white Dynasty's passing like it was a
dead relative ! In the 100K miles we
put on this car all i did to it was
brakes once, spark plugs twice,plug
wires once, battery once, serpentine
belt and the bearing it rode on once,
and standard maintenance.

Good power, reasonable mileage for the size engine and weight of the car. Hanlding in bad weather, reminded me of a 4 wheel drive ! It sat with a high profile so you didnt high center in snow piles.

BRING IT BACK ! Spiff it up with a 21 century exterior and some options.

All the way with Dynasty
By smoothrider

I bought my 1991 Dynasty in October,
1991. It has been a great car. It now
has 189,000 on it and of course it
needs some work. The 3.3 V6 is a very
good engine. It has a good ride and the
styling. In 11 years I've only
replaced two water pumps, a starter
and a transmission overhaul at 155,000.
The weakness that I see is that on most
Dynasty's that have been over the road
have rust at the bottom of the front
right passenger door. Mine cost only
cost $100 to fix. I was disappointed
to find out that neither rear door
opens from the inside, since about the
180,000 mile mark.
I really like my Dynasty! I'll hate
to see it go.

Ride, styling, dependability, interior room,it starts in all kinds of weather, 3.3 V6 engine with 4-speed transmission.

Eliminate rust problem with right front passenger door. This is a moot point since production was discontinued in 1993. Shucks!