Never Again
By George on
2003 Dodge Durango R/T 4WD 4dr SUV (5.9L 8cyl 4A)
Owned R/T for several months now and regret trading in my Infiniti for it. Had 32K when purchased and had tie rod problems from the day I drove off lot. Wife broke down 3 days after purchase. Went back to have driver side window switch replaced due to failure, Window came off track At 44k transmission started slipping on highway at 65mph. Took to dealer and whole transmission needed to be replaced over $2k. Lucky I bought extended warranty but still cost me $425 out of pocket. Still doesn't feel right. Slips now when rear end hits any bump on highway. I am going with my wife this week to get rid of it and buy a foreign car. American cars are just not up to the quality level.
Favorite Features
Lots of pwer. That's about it.
Suggested Improvements
Reliability. Transmission failure at 44k is unacceptable, Amrest storage button always failing. Broken window switch and now off track. Buy extended warranty if you get any Durango. Gas milege is worse you think it will be.
By jim85035
on 12/30/11 22:34 PM (PST)

You have no idea how this vehicle was driven for 32 thousand miles. It could have been towing a house.