Used 2003 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
Extreme fun
By 03sxtowner on 11/13/05 22:37 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Durango SXT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just bought my '03 SXT 2wd. I love it. It handles like a sports car. I own a '02 Intrepid and I have never had a problem with it as well. There are so many possibilities with this truck. I can't wait. I am a forever Dodge owner from now on. I have 4 kids and they love the comfort of the seats and the drive.

Nice Ride for a Permit Driver
By SDC on 11/08/05 07:59 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Durango SXT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Weve had our Durango for 4 yrs. Its great, though the water pump was damaged by a rock causeing the engine to overheat way too much and blow. Other than that this is one damn fine truck.

Good, but not great
By Derden on 09/05/05 23:55 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Durango SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

If I had to buy a vehicle over again, this would not be the one, even if gas prices were not so high. It was a good vehicle, but only for the first couple of weeks I had it. I spend an averge of $600 dollars a month on a vehicle that I don't care about.

Good truck for me
By Joe on 08/03/05 11:29 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Durango R/T 4WD 4dr SUV (5.9L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first SUV and I am very pleased with the performance, handling, and looks of the vehicle. Although I am skeptical from reading other reviews, I have had no problems with the vehicle. I purchased a 24 foot enclosed race car trailer (with stabalizing bars and sway bar control) and have had no problem with towing power, weight of 7300lbs. My only complaint is the narrowness of the vehicle. Even with adding extended mirrors it is difficult to see around the trailer. Due other reviews in Edmunds, I opted to buy the full extended service warranty. Looked at an '05 Expedition and my Durango had more interior cargo length (not width) and was easier to load.

Been in the shop a few times...
By Warren on 01/04/05 13:32 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought my SLT 4WD in Nov 03. I hated the way the 04's looked + got a steal on the 03 anyway. At about 5000 miles, all the AC leaked out. Took 2 trips in, and they ended up ripping out the entire dash to replace the leaking parts. They did provide me a free loaner car on trip #2. At about 7000 miles, the driver seat had a pin fall out and the back of the driver seat jammed reclined. Now at almost 12000 miles, recalls for wiper motor, and now the ball joint failure. Plus the heater motor has gone out (died in ice storm last week). Also, gas mileage sucks! EPA rating is bull. I average 12.5MPG with 80% of it highway. I doubt I would buy another one, especially the ugly new models.

Very Nice
By clc on 12/16/04 00:30 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Durango SXT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle based on its appearance and previous reviews about towing capacity and frame design. It has nice, aggressive lines. It handles well whether on or off road. Previous vehicle was Ford Explorer and wanted something with a larger engine for towing. Plenty of space for cargo inside as well.

Styling...
By Lou Stone on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Durango SLT Plus Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I feel like a rich man driving this after years of driving Fords (Explorer Sport & Ranger)! Since I got it used, I pay less than I did on my Explorer and have a luxurious ride. It's a bear on gas unless you're on the highway, but thankfully, my commute is only 5 miles.

By prmr on 09/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

a very smooth ride w/plenty of power. 3rd seat easy to raise/lower. more interior room than it looks. not the best mileage but about expected for the power.

I absolutely love the 'old' Durangos!
By myguysahottie on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I absolutely love my 2000 dodge Durango! I traded in a 1993 Ford Explorer for this Durango and wish I'd done it sooner!

great except the gas
By Monti-man on 06/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Durango SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The 5.9 V-8 is awesome! All the power you need and then some. But remember, each time the pedal hits the floor, that'll cost you a few bucks on gas for that split second. 3rd row seat is easy to fold and for adults under 6 feet tall, not THAT bad.