Used 2003 Dodge Durango SXT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

built like a Sherman tank
By daedmandave

2003 Dodge Durango SXT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

i really do love my Durango. its survived a bad dealership trying to put it in the ground. its been rearended numerous times bulldozed a prius into oblivion and a few random deer into a sticky mess and the only damage its ever taken was a slight dent with a paint chip and a busted light. the engine is super tough pulled a fully loaded trailer across the country. as well as a regular pull of the horse trailer. only problem it ever had on its own was a bad water pump. main cooling fan went out and it never overheated, in phoenix in the middle of the summer. it could probably survive a nuclear bomb, my burnt skeletal corpse still holding the steering wheel and still be running

Favorite Features

1. plenty of power 2. Body is built like a tank 3.engine wont stop turning for the end of the world 4. broad sided a prius that ran a yeild sign and didnt even seem to slow down (paint chip and busted light with a 3in dent) 5. has been rearended 3 times at stoplights (no damage at all) 6. hit by three deer. aside from being covered in nastiness and hair stuck in doorjambs...(no damage) 7. dealership constantly sabatoging it (still wouldnt die) 8. girlfriend accidently put diesel fuel in it (ran like crap but still runs)

Suggested Improvements

fuel economy sucks, and should have came stock with a top mounted swivel turret.

In love
By Dennysgirl09

2003 Dodge Durango SXT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have always owned Mini-Vans and we had a Ford Explorer, Never again. I am so in love with this SUV. Yeah gas millage is low but it's worth it to me because this is just such a cool and fun SUV to drive. Handles like a dream, rain or shine. I haul kids every where so dependability and room along with comfort are a most and I got all that and then some.

Favorite Features

Room, having 4 door, sound system. There's just nothing I don't love about it.

Suggested Improvements

If the back glass opened that would be a plus but it's never gonna deter me from my new love, my Durango!

Nice Ride
By NICE RIDE

2003 Dodge Durango SXT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car about a year and a half ago. it barely had 14000 miles on it and was in perfect condition. I paid $15.5k for it and got it for a steal. I had heard a lot of bad things about the Durangos but for the price, I could not pass it up. I have driven this car across the country twice and have not had ANY problems with it.

Favorite Features

The v8 engine definitely has power. This car rides so smooth that you honestly can not tell the difference between 10mph and 100mph.

Suggested Improvements

The only inprovement i would suggest is to make the back seats just a little bit bigger.

Extreme fun
By 03sxtowner

2003 Dodge Durango SXT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just bought my '03 SXT 2wd. I love it. It handles like a sports car. I own a '02 Intrepid and I have never had a problem with it as well. There are so many possibilities with this truck. I can't wait. I am a forever Dodge owner from now on. I have 4 kids and they love the comfort of the seats and the drive.

Favorite Features

The power of the motor

Suggested Improvements

A sun roof and better instrument cluster

Won't buy anything else but a Durango
By gypsylv

2003 Dodge Durango SXT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second Durango, and they have been the best cars I've ever owned. Very reliable, sturdy, and fun, I will always have a Durango as part of my family.

Favorite Features

Easy to handle, controls within reach, anyone can drive.

Suggested Improvements

None