What's the problem?
By Cosrai on
1999 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV
Bought 2 identical Durangoes for my company at the same time. We've had some problems, but all were relatively minor. I believe Dodge suffers from a bad reputation and this is reflected in some of the reviews. My father's 2 new Chevy P'ups had their transmissions replaced- one of them twice. My wife's Infiniti needed a transmission at 15k. But who'd call a Chevy or an Infinit a piece of junk? As for gas mileage, yeah, I think it's a little low but I've got the 5.9 and I've still gotten as much as 17.9 on the highway. I've crossed the Continental Divide in my Durango and I was passing every car I had the chance to. How many other vehicles that'll haul 7 people can do that?
Favorite Features
Handling, Great Infinity Sound system, room for 7, comfortable seats, aerodynamics allow for little or no buffeting from crosswinds (nice in a high profile vehicle).
Suggested Improvements
Variable valve timing, or similar, to improve gas mileage. Make it a little bigger (but they're going to do that anyway in 2004). Make all the dealers be as good as the one I go to.