2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan Consumer Reviews 2

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
Great Car Overall
By Dale on 05/30/10 04:33 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love the comfort and handling of this car. It does have the 2.7 V-6, which I am familiar with the oil sludge issue, but will take care to prevent clogging with regular oil changes and motor flushes. This car is quick upon acceleration, quiet, offers a soft, stable ride, as well as good gas mileage. I'm averaging around 28 miles per gallon in my Sebring.

whats all the complaining
By dodgedriver1 on 04/22/10 09:47 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

i bought this car new 8yrs ago and love it. i dont know what people are complaining about with the PROPER care and alittle maintinence this car will last.i now have 110,000 trouble free miles on this car. i will never own anything but chrysler made products.

Nice Car!
By adam07 on 02/22/10 14:47 PM (PST)

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it new 8 years ago and still love this thing! Its so stylish and luxurious for $22,000. After 7 years the battery died once, the struts rattle on bumps and could use a replacement, and I need to replace the wiper blades because squeak really loud when you use them, so it has its typical wear and tear but the interior still has a newish smell amazing because I have 3 kids riding in it all the time! There is a lot of road noise but overall it is my favorite car I've had. I love the way it drives, it has sporty suspension which turns really well and has really good pick-up for a small V6 which means good gas mileage, I would say it gets about 23mph. Good job Chrysler!

Looks better than '02 focus
By agreig on 12/05/09 19:13 PM (PST)

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I chose this car because it has a lot better style than the 2002 chevy malibu, or a 2002 ford focus, chrysler has always been good with designs. The leather still smells new 7 years later and only the struts and wiper blades need to be replaced. The 2.7 V6 seems small but it really has a lot of zip. Overall its a nice car with lots of style interior and exterior, even 7 years later it looks really good. The FWD is still good in Michigan winters!

Just purchased
By SDR on 10/02/09 10:28 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My husband surprised me 9/21/09 with a 2002 4dr LX Chrysler Sebring. The Car is beautiful but it didn't come with the transmitter for the alarm. I took it to Mt Ephraim Dodge 9/26/09 and paid $131.61 for a new transmitter. 10/01/09 my car would not start! I called the dealer and was told maybe the alarm burned out the battery. Now I have to pay $98.00 for a diagnostic test. On top of that when I turn my steering wheel to its furthest point left or right it makes this screeching sound. I was told I need to $48.99 to check it. If I need a Power Steering Pump it will cost me $110 for parts and if it is the Rack N pennon (??) the parts will cost $600.72 not including labor.

Great car
By PC on 08/31/09 13:30 PM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned this car for 7 years and currently has 90,00KM. No major issues. Replaced some suspension parts ($700) and Transmission Solenoid (warranty)this year. Drivers power window switch died last year ($100). Overall it's been a great car, good performance and comfortable to drive. Gas mileage is around 30mpg highway if not a bit more. Starting to get a bit of rust on the inside of ONE door.

Almost put me into pre-term labor
By Jill on 08/30/09 13:42 PM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this vehicle in November of '05 with 35k miles. I had it about 2 months when the blower became very loud and annoying. In October of '07, the transmission control module went out, costing about $200. I read some reviews at that point and debated selling it. Since it was paid off I decided to keep it. In March of '08, at 77k, the car died. 4 weeks and $4,400 later, I got my car back after the computer and entire engine had been replaced. Apparently the car has problems with oil sludge, although I had kept up on all routine maintenance. Worst month of my life, all while expecting my first child. I will NEVER EVER buy a Chrysler again. Don't buy this car!

Dangerous Brake Problem
By pinehead on 05/20/09 14:47 PM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car new. With 2 weeks or purchase I noticed that the brakes were sketchy when the roads were wet. You could slam the pedal to the floor and the car just wanted to keep on going. The worst issue was when there was snow or ice on the road. I brought this car in to the dealership twice to have them check the brakes. They claimed there was nothing wrong. The back wheels would slip horribly in the snow. There was almost no control of this vehicle in those conditions. I went off the road twice with it driving 5 miles and hour. Chrysler refused to admit to a problem or do anything about it. I has 3 others drive the thing in snow and they all agreed that there was a problem .

What's everyone complaining about?
By car_auctioneer on 03/01/09 12:54 PM (PST)

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2002 Sebring LX 4 cylinder. I bought it from a "little old lady" with 5k miles on it a few years ago. It now has 50,000 and I couldn't be happier. I don't understand all the bad press, this car has been trouble-free except for the heater blower motor resistor, a $20 part I installed myself. Otherwise, nothing, not even the battery has gone bad. Has decent acceleration for a 4, and I get 29 highway and 25 average. I think the styling is great and as used car values go, you won't find a better bang for your buck. 6 cyl buyers beware: as with all 2.7 6 cyl Chryslers, make sure you CHANGE YOUR OIL regularly. One of the best I've owned, and I"ve had a BUNCH!

I love my car, but...
By Shelly on 07/27/08 12:13 PM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My mom and I had to finance this car due to my Baby Girl being in the hospital and my '97 Escort being out of commission. I love my car, it had 52,903 miles on it when I bought it in October 2004, in March 2005 I had to repair the transmission to the tune of 1,300 dollars, I have since put 1,200 into it repairing/replacing tie rods, ball joints, brakes, brake hoses, strut components, oh and you can't easily obtain some of the most important safety components, such as strut mounts, I recently had to buy a used pair of struts from a junkyard because the mounts rotted out on mine, and 9,681 other peoples Sebring and this part is on backorder until at least August 11th (possibly September.)