2006 Chevrolet Uplander Consumer Review: My Third Chevy Minivan

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan - Consumer Review

My Third Chevy Minivan
By Mic hele on

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After driving a Lumina APV and Venture for 140K+ miles each, I had to give the new Uplander a try. I saw some negative reviews, but much to my delight, the van has performed without any issues. The front seats are comfortable providing good back support and allow you to get a good view of the road. The headlights are amazingly bright. It has a smooth, quiet ride and has been better on gas than my past vans. The inside is roomy and the sound system is great. The DVD player with remote is good for movies or video games for the kids. The dashboard displays are easy to read and the controls are easy to use. I've received a lot of positive feedback on the new exterior look as more SUV-like.

Besides what I mentioned above, I like the one free year of OnStar that came with the van. The information display on the dash is great and lets you know among other things how many miles you can go before refueling or until your next oil change. The front accessory outlet is positioned sensibly.

The rear headrests are too large and can create a blindspot. I do not have the extra consoles which leaves me short on useable cup holders when hauling a van load of kids. The knob for selcting the radio stations is easily bumped. All minivans should come with floormats and roof racks.