2008 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
My New Tahoe
By Mark Wogoman on 03/19/08 19:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I downsized from my 2005 Suburban, but haven't regretted the loss of cargo area. I purchased this vehicle with all available options including the Z71 off road protection. Have had it loaded with 3 hunters, 25 geese decoys, 3 duck blinds and all our gear, and could've added more, can't wait for turkey season. This vehicle handles exceptionally well and is an absolute pleasure to drive, always comfortable ride and has felt safe to drive in all of our weather conditions- rain, ice and snow.

Best SUV I've ever driven
By Greg Rank on 03/19/08 15:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Growing up as the son of an executive in the auto industry, I started at a young age having the opportunity to drive many different styles, and types of vehicles. My first personal SUV purchase was a 1991 Chevy Trailblazer. From there, I've owned, leased or at least have driven every GM style SUV, both full size and mid size. In December, my company decided it was time for me to turn in my 2003 Chevy Tahoe as it had 167,000 miles on it. Picking up the new Black 4wd LT was very exciting, however, I didn't realize just how exciting it truely was going to be. It rides better than most cars I've driven. Hands down it's the best SUV I've ever driven.

Just got a new Tahoe LTZ
By nctahoe on 02/07/08 09:22 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I just got my Tahoe LTZ. I love it, it drives great and it's very comfortable. I like how the LTZ comes standard with navigation, i drive a lot and it is really helpful. I got it in black and with the 20" chrome rims and the chrome handles it definentley stands out. I also love the power deployed side steps.

Awesome Look & Ride!
By LTZ WIth Chrome Pkg! on 02/03/08 12:22 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Needed more room for the gang...went from a Cadillac SRX to the Tahoe LTZ Black with chrome package - 20" chrome wheels. What a beauty and fun to drive. Head turning looks...smooth riding on the 20s. Bucket seats are very comfortable.

American classic
By gibson on 12/30/07 13:02 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I switched from a 02 Deviile to the Tahoe for more room due to an expanding family, and didn't want a minivan. Never owned a SUV much less driven one. I'll never own a car again.

Huge improvement!
By mark on 11/17/07 04:26 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

2008 Tahoe w/ 2LT. Compared to my 05 Yukon SLT, the new Tahoe is a huge improvement. Interior, specifically the dash, is now luxurious as opposed to looking like a cheap truck. Leather is much better quality. 3rd row seats still don't fold flat, have to manually remove. But now the 2nd row doesn't fold flat. They tumble forward to allow access to 3 row. Nice if you need it, but I'd rather have the 2nd row fold flat like the older version that made the cargo area cavernous. Yukon was loud, lots of wind noise. This Tahoe is quiet and has a very smooth ride. Expert reviews complain its too soft and unresponsive. I'll take soft any day. Not doing slaloms in a 5500 lb trk. avg 16 mpg

Best SUV I've ever driven
By martin on 11/06/07 15:10 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I got this Tahoe LTZ after trading in my '02 Tahoe. I thought that was a great SUV until I got my new Tahoe. It's absolutely beuatiful, in white with the chrome wheels, grille and in white. The insides white leather seats are the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in. Already at 2500 miles and I'm getting 18.3 MPG with about 70% city driving. I've owned a '02 Tahoe, '98 Tahoe, and this is the best Tahoe by far

Just took delivery of my new Tahoe
By Richard Weronik on 11/05/07 09:12 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After due research I decided against the BMW X5 and the Mercedes GL320 in favor of the Tahoe LTZ, based on total satisfaction on my previous 2002 Tahoe. I am very satisfied with the choice and I saved $25,000 over the others. The Tahoe so far exceeds anything I experienced in testing out the BMW or Mercedes. The fuel economy should improve as I break in the engine. Recommend this awesome car! Also recommend the sun and sound options with the LTZ that includes the rear camera, DVD, Navigation system and sunroof.

Previous Ford owner
By Leanne on 10/28/07 20:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

As a previous Ford owner, we are trying our first Chevy. So far, it has been great. OnStar and navigation systems are a very nice asset. The comfort is comparable to the Ford Expedition, possibly more room in the front seats than the Ford counterpart. Ride is what you would expect from the SUV vehicle market. Interior is roomy with rider's comfort in mind. Third row is tight and Chevy needs to take a lesson from Ford in this area.

The General is Back
By SAS on 08/29/07 14:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After going Japanese for the last 7 years, I finally went back to the General and I was not disappointed. My Tahoe LTZ is very well built, comofortable, beautiful and drives every bit as well as any import. I recently bought my wife an Audi Q7 and, with the exception of the Audi's Ipod interface, I enjoy the Tahoe hands down over the Audi. I only wish that Chevy would finally put in fold flat seats in the vehicle.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.