Used 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Love My Tahoe!!!
By suv mom

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I am a former Landrover owner and happened to have a new 2004 picked out when my husand asked me to "please take a moment and just test drive the tahoe" and that was the end of my Landrover ownership years! The tahoe drives so well, I just don't want to ride in any other vehicle - and with all of the room I always volunteer to drive my friends around town. I own the version with the captains chairs on the second row and this makes the third row seating very accessable and comfortable. I have owned many vehicles and this is by far my favorite - drivability, safety, towing ability, interior design, great looking exterior.......

Heated seats, dual climate, GAS PEDAL/BRAKE ADJUSTMENT, folding mirrors, memory recall seats and settings for 2 people, great looking exterior! I feel the vehicle is very safe - heavy feel on the road but with wonderful cornering and ease of driving. Great off road and on.

Better gas mileage - but all SUV's use a lot of gas!

Better than expected
By airtexaco

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We have a Suburban ('04) and from driving them, decided to get one-my wife wanted the Tahoe and opted for the Suburban

17 in. wheels, 5.3 engine,Bose premium sound, 3rd row seat and smoothness of drive. It consitantly gets 17MPG around town and 20 on the highway.

Rear suspension like the expedition that would allow full use of the 3rd row for adults.

Chevy tahoe 2004
By jutyty

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

What a great car!! Best suv we have owned yet.

adjustable brake and gas petal. A must for short drivers. rear airconditioning controls a must for owners with kids!

lower sticker price and better gas mileage

This car is awesome!
By sporplyr

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This car is great! It is great for family trips and anything else for moving! This car is the best of the best of any cars!

DVD player, c'd player and all the entertainments!

more air conditioning.

KING OF THE ROAD: Best Family Hauler
By Z71 For4

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Looked at all the rest; minivans (Sienna, Caravan, Odyssey), crossovers (Pacifica), mid-fullsize suv's (Toureg, XC90, MDX, RX330, Armada). We kept coming back to the Z71. Safety features, cargo space and creature comforts all fit the bill. When you want to travel in style, in any climate, you can't beat the value this mature platform brings to the table. You'll find yourself jumping behind the wheel for no reason at all other than to tour the neighborhood! And...yes...for those who whine and pummel the Tahoe for its fuel efficiency...maybe you should have considered a smaller vehicle or a hybrid..hmm? Until then...leave the BIG DOGS alone!

Heated seats/10 way adjustable (must have) DVD, seat/pedal/mirror memory feature, exterior safety nightime lights (cool!) OnStar, XM, power folding mirrors. Sharp styling, fit-n- finish, moonroof. Best of all...the ride and power. Wooohooo!

Okay...maybe I would like to feel less like Norm (Cheers) pulling into the Shell station. MPG of 15 and above would put this vehicle over the top! A navigation unit should be at least offered.