Used 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Review for a 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LT
By stevnski

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have had the aforementioned vehicle for 3 months. I bought it with zero miles and now have 1900 miles on it. It has been an excellent vehicle in every way. I had a 2002 Tahoe prior to buying the 2004 and it was also and excellent vehicle. I would strongly recommend anyone in the market for an SUV to consider a Tahoe

All

None

04tahoe-mcd
By hnds hky

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Vehicle is great with one exception and not limitted to the Tahoe. The air conditioning is a problem. does not blow cold air consistently. customer in front of me complained of same problem, 2 loaner cars loaned to me same problem. friend who purchased 04 silverado same problem. chevy have not acknowledged a widespread problem, however, are trying several ways to corect the problem still not fixed. may have to turn to lemon law. my last choice since i selected this vehicle by many features of which price was not any of the choices.

stlye, room, cargo and people capacity, options,

air conditioning. XM radio does not work through trees or near mountains, or near buildings. GM dealerships should emulate Lexus type of customer service. my wife has had 4 Lexus over the last 8 years and their service is absolutley the BEST in Class, Lawrence Lexus!!

Love My Tahoe!!!
By suv mom

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I am a former Landrover owner and happened to have a new 2004 picked out when my husand asked me to "please take a moment and just test drive the tahoe" and that was the end of my Landrover ownership years! The tahoe drives so well, I just don't want to ride in any other vehicle - and with all of the room I always volunteer to drive my friends around town. I own the version with the captains chairs on the second row and this makes the third row seating very accessable and comfortable. I have owned many vehicles and this is by far my favorite - drivability, safety, towing ability, interior design, great looking exterior.......

Heated seats, dual climate, GAS PEDAL/BRAKE ADJUSTMENT, folding mirrors, memory recall seats and settings for 2 people, great looking exterior! I feel the vehicle is very safe - heavy feel on the road but with wonderful cornering and ease of driving. Great off road and on.

Better gas mileage - but all SUV's use a lot of gas!

Better than expected
By airtexaco

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We have a Suburban ('04) and from driving them, decided to get one-my wife wanted the Tahoe and opted for the Suburban

17 in. wheels, 5.3 engine,Bose premium sound, 3rd row seat and smoothness of drive. It consitantly gets 17MPG around town and 20 on the highway.

Rear suspension like the expedition that would allow full use of the 3rd row for adults.

Chevy tahoe 2004
By jutyty

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

What a great car!! Best suv we have owned yet.

adjustable brake and gas petal. A must for short drivers. rear airconditioning controls a must for owners with kids!

lower sticker price and better gas mileage

• SUV