1999 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
WOW!!!
By mikenlatina on 01/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV

I went from a 91 Jeep Cherokee to a 97 Ford F150 truck to the Tahoe I own now and I am totally satisfied with the Tahoe. I feel like I am driving a "tank" so to speak, but I absolutely love it. Took the wife, daughter and dog to Charlotte from Florida for the first "road trip" in the Tahoe and it was great. Tons of room!!!!It was fanatastic. I had been wanting a larger SUV than the cherokee and this fit the bill perfectly. I give it a 9. I cant say enough about the vehicle, other than now my wife wants one too. Everyone who is ever ridden in mine comment on the spaciousness (sp?) of it.

Big Footprint
By j roberts on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD

This is a large, powerful vehicle. First american vehicle I have owned in 20 years. GM continues to have decent quality. Needed some interior room and got it with the Tahoe - truly spacious and accommodating. Handles well on hwy and in city. Brakes are poor but adequate. Mantenance costs are reasonable. My gas mileage is approx 16 city and 18 hwy - I understand this is relatively good for this vehicle. Joy to drive.

1999 Tahoe
By Spotchaser on 09/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV

Had the vehicle two years now and I am pleasantly surprised. The engine is strong enough to tow a house but I am getting 16 to 20 miles a gallon. Not bad for a full size SUV. A real nice "road trip" vehicle.

my tahoe
By rcarlson10 on 09/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV

i bought it with cargo doors ,don't like a liftgate, i'm 6'6" i fit comfortablely in it, a/c works great, i live in arizona, drives like a truck not like car, but hey it fits in my garage,

What is wrong with these brakes?
By amdla on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 2dr SUV

We love this car for comfort, but we are changing brakes every 20,000 miles. We were told by a GMC salesman that there was a glitch in the design which was corrected on later models, but cannot get this confirmed by GM mechanics.

Great Vehicle!
By Doc Watson on 05/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 2dr SUV 4WD

My first 4WD...Had 95,000 when I bought it but it had been taken cate of very well. No problems at all other than regular maintenance. Could benefit from larger brakes. Get a K&N air filter! No "Clunking" noise here! SNOW! I'm not scared of any stinking SNOW!

Tahoe LS
By kaskillah on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV

Good vehicle overall. Can take severe abuse and still hold up.

Crunch
By Synkronized on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I gotta tell you all, I have been rear ended twice and both vehicles have just crumpled under the might of the tahoe. Not even a scratch or dent left on it. There is enough power to crawl over cars and make your own road. Install a grill guard and strike fear into all that drive slow in the fast lane. If thats not enough, install fog lamps. Once I ran over a civic and thought it was a pop can.

Rock Solid - like the ads
By redhead on 05/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 2dr SUV 4WD

My Tahoe has performed admirably. Delivered with one defect - passenger seat lumbar didn't work - it stands as the most solid new car I have ever purchased. Oddly enough, it replaced a Lexus LS400 that was never right! This machine can take a beating, haul anything and never fails to perform. 2 months sitting while I travel and starts on the first turn of the key.

Rock Solid - like the ads
By Redhead on 05/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)