Used 1999 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews - 90 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Lemon?
By Renestel

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I've been reading through these in hopes that I'd get some ideas for what all is going on with mine right now. I bought mine used in 2000-48,000 miles. Granted, I've had the car for almost 8 years. It has been with me for a while. BUT, I've gone through an air conditioning system, 3 fuel pumps, an alternator, ball joints, pigtails, and countless times of not starting, or dying at stop lights. It's at 110,000 right now and I've had it in the shop three times in the last two months. No one can figure out what's going on. Every time I drive it I'm glad I get to my destination if I actually get there. Very unpredicatble vehicle. In cold weather, it totally has a mind of its own.

When the fuel injection actually works properly, Its an awesome ride. Taken it for several very fun joy rides.

I could go on forever.

Tahoe
By dina

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV 4WD

This is the perfect vehicle for a soccer mom and her 3 soccer stars. We had a bad snow storm last winter close to 5 ft. all the other fancy suvs (a volvo, land cruser and mercedes) were stuck in the banks in the side of the rode as I plowed through 1+ ft. drifts coming back from a birthday party.

Wheel base

My Favorite SUV of All Time.
By Anonymous

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD

My new Tahoe is one of my most favorite, fun SUV of all times. I recently purchased a used 1999 Tahoe LT Fully Loaded with every dealer option. An after market chrome brush guard and top head lamps compliments it well. The previous owner stocked it up with BF Goodrich Heavy Duty Commercial Tires That hum everywhere I go. It is certainly a head turner in my town. I know I am safe in that vehicle no matter where I go.

Its massive size. No one can complain of the roomy interior this beast offers. The head room is also very spacious. Many, Many cup holders ensures no cup will be left without a holder. I also love the rear Barn Doors, it separates the normal traditional flip up doors.

Gas mileage of course, but people should expect that a 5.7 liter Vortec engine will never yield good gas mileage. It is a sacrifice for power really. Also ride height, possible air suspension that can adjust. Riding into parking garages in Boston is no walk in the park for this truck. Trust me!

My First Car Purchase
By Jr. Acosta

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV

I recently purchase my Tahoe and so far, it's been OK. The shiny red color really stands out there along with the performance tires. I took it to the dealership to fix the grinding and clunking noise from the brakes and the alignment and shaking. It was covered under warranty. It stinks that I had to stick with the 30 day, 1000 mile warranty. ( Don't stick with these types of warranties car shoppers!)The grinding noise is gone but I still have the clunking sound. I'm not sure what this could be.... I also hear a clunking from the axle when I acccelerate or shift gears. It tend to shake a little bit when I'm going at speed of 85+MPH. The interior is very comfortable. Happy with my purchase.

Power from the 5.7 Vortec; It never lags!!! Awesome passing power along with the exhaust note!! Decent sound systems but tends to get distorted at high volume; the color and design of the exterior, it just pops out. The seats are very comfortable; Im really looking forward to go to Vegas in my Tahoe

There has to be a way to make this engine to achieve at least 19MPG and not loose any power; i will be experimenting on this... Right now, I'm getting around 14MPG on average;

Job Well Done
By jdsax85

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD

In the past year, I have commuted 100 miles a day to school, 5,000 miles in three months of training, and have turned my Tahoe into my rolling office. Ride quality on the highway is superb, an estimated gas mileage of 18 mpg. If head gaskets, air conditioning sensors, and factory CD player haven't been replaced yet, expect to do so. The seats are incredibly comfortable and there is was enough room for four adult males and their gear during our three months of training. Several people have commented on the ride quality and feel it is better than their Z71 pick-ups or even 2004 F-150 with the suspension outside the frame. Well-built vehicle and would highly reccomend.

Seat comfort, carpet quality, exterior styling, rear "barn-doors," cargo space, 350LT1, push-button 4WD, rear- air conditioning, and ride quality.

Imrpoved quality of head gaskets, air conditioning sensors, factory CD player, four-wheel disc brakes, cargo dividers, and factory sunroof.