Solid as a rock
By pman on
1998 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD
I bought this truck new in 1998. I currently have 115K miles. It will go just about anywhere, and it has. From the sand dunes in Baja, river gorges in the Anza Borrego desert, winter storms in Big Bear, it just goes, and in comfort. Repairs: Around 60K miles exhaust manifold gaskets, Cat, fuel injectors clogged. (ARCO may be a bit cheaper but it clogged my injectors in first 50-60K miles, while last 60-70K miles I've used better gas, no problems, still going strong). About 100K miles, fuel pump, wiper motor. Just had first A/C service, still on original shocks. First major tuneup at 90K miles! No change in drivability since new, hold up well to dogs, kids, idiots in parking lots, etc.
Favorite Features
4WD Low lock, just don't wait until you're already stuck to use it! Very comfortable heated seats and defogging mirrors, great when the air temp drops below the dew point. Comfortable freeway cruising, even with M/S tires. It'll run with a ton of bricks or a full load of passangers just as easy.
Suggested Improvements
Back windows should roll down all the way. Separate driver/passanger climate zones would really be nice.