2001 Chevrolet Suburban 5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 2001 Suburban LS

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Review

2001 Suburban LS
By Red '01 on

2001 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have one major complaint with this vehicle. Wind noise around the front passenger door and the windshield. I have had it into 2 different dealers 3 different times. Some adjustments have been made but the problem persists. I had been told that the problem was anything from the bug deflector to the antenna to this is "normal wind noise". If it is 'normal' then why when I drove a GMC pickup as a loaner for one of my service visits the pickup was noticably quiter? After all, it has the same hood, fenders, doors, etc. as the Suburban. If the wind noise problem could be fixed I would be fairly happy with the vehicle.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable on road trips. Did all the driving from Dallas to Colorado Springs in one day and wasnt wasted when I got there. Seems to be well thought out as far as conveniences and features are concerned.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the gas mileage. I had a '93 Suburban prior to this one. It got 15 mpg city/ 17-18 mpg hiway. The '01 gets the same mileage. With advances in engine technology and the vehicles being loaded more plastic and other weight reducing measures why cant the mileage be improved?