1999 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Review: My big black Burb

1999 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Review

My big black Burb
By bob on

1999 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Great truck, last year of the 42 gallon tankers, made 600 nonstop miles on a topped off tank 2 times! Pulls anything, runs mud well with good rubber, good clearance. Cruises the highway effortlessly at 80, and really smooths out those 3/4 ton shocks. Holds 7 adults, or with the 3rd seat out, 4 and gear for a week of hunting in Canada. Haven't had that 3rd seat in but about 5 times in almost 6yrs. Maintenance has been very good- besides normal service, only 2 batteries, 1 starter, 1 fuel pump,and a bad transmission filter. I will drive this beast till it dies or till I cannot afford the gas, and it will go much higher than it is now before I give in. Only hope I can afford another new one when it goes

42gal tank. Strong big block motor. 3/4 ton tow package. Plenty of room for anything inside when needed. Great in the mud. Good, not great, gas mileage. Full layback seats. Great visibility of the road. Strong brakes, even with heavy loads. Stainless steel exhaust great.

Longer wearing brake pads, better gas mileage, longer term factory extended warranty (7/70,000mi. not enough!) Nobody needs to get rid of these cars after only 70,000 miles. Mine is the only car I've ever had that's still almost as tight as the day I bought it.