1995 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Review: Worst I've ever owned

1995 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Review

Worst I've ever owned
By Large on

1995 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

Purchased it used with ~80,000 miles in 2002. Felt comfortable doing this as I purchased it from the 1st owner that had all service records (dealer maintained). The engine failed at 92k miles. Replaced it with a new GM crate motor (5.7L). From there, it has been one constant failure after another. It now has $187,000 miles, but has had literally everything under the hood replaced (2 a/c compressors)as well as a transimission overhaul last month. I lost my shirt on this vehicle and am forced to keep it given what I've had to invest. I'll donate it later this year to a charity as I can't sell this vehicle to anyone in good faith.

Roomy and comfortable for long trips. Very sharp looking exterior. Factory paint is top-notch and held up very well.

Brakes are too small for this vehicle (small rear drum brakes are pathetic). Cheap plastic interior (dash has cracked on pasenger side). Third seat is a major pain to remove and install. Rear barn doors have needed repar twice. At 187k miles it rattles like a hay wagon. Buy Ford.