2014 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spark model:
Quirky, but loveable
By tishpit1 on 12/06/14 06:15 AM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl CVT)

Have a 2014 Spark LT1 with nearly 18,000 miles on her (I drive a lot). This car has it +'s and -'s, that's for sure. PROS: The driving position is comfortable for me and I have a horrible back, so it's hard finding a car that doesn't cause me pain. This one is kinda fun to drive and handles very well for an econo-car. Roomy cargo area with nearly-flat folding rear seat. Dash is nice and touch-screen radio also works well. MPG is avg. 38+ in mixed driving in Florida (level, but lots of a/c). Recommend dealer installed fog lights for night/bad weather driving. CONS: had bad hesitation problem and lurching at very slow speeds but "cured" by using 89 octane gas. A/c is poor - weak fan.

I love my Spark!
By janine67219 on 06/23/14 15:58 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl CVT)

I just bought my 2014 Spark at Davis-Moore. I love this car! It is small but spacious. My tall grandchildren fit comfortably. The little storage area holds more than it appears it would. Going from a 95 Mercury to this is like day and night on gas. It's the cutest little ladybug on the road. Would recommend.

Blown Motor
By got1onme on 03/21/14 10:47 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove a 2014 Spark at my local dealership, I noticed the "check engine" light was on when the salesman and I returned to the dealership. I like the car's build so I purchased another Spark, one with more up grades on it, It had only 11 miles on it. I bought the car and after just 3 1/2 weeks, the "Check Engine" light came on in my new Spark while on my way home from work white smoke poured out from under the bottom of the car. I am very disappointed because I was so proud of my little car. I am in a rental waiting on GM to send a new motor

Spark
By msgt_sasse on 03/04/14 11:23 AM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 5M)

Nice basic car no frills

41 of 47,682 people found this review helpful
Spark 2LT
By laban on 07/22/13 19:40 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl CVT)

The Spark's main claim to fame is four doors and a real back seat. Compared to the Smart Car and Scion IQ those features leave them behind. The gas mileage is at least comparable and the sound level and ride are much better. Compared to the Fiat 500, rear seat room and access is much better in the Spark, performance is about the same. The new CVT is a great improvement over the previous 4 speed auto. So far I am very impressed.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback in VA is:

$184 per month*