2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Review: The perfect truck

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Review

LT Double Cab (4.3L V6 FFV 4x4 6-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

The perfect truck
By dbary on

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my new 2014 Silverado for a few months now. Here is the build configuration: LT Double Cab 4x4 5.3L V-8 All-Star Package Bed Liner 33,000 out the door (after tax) Disclaimer, I have driven similar versions of Ram and Fords 2014 trucks. I have actually always owed Fords up until this point of my life. This truck just does everything perfect. When I test drove the Ram and Ford, the Silverado just seemed like everything was put together in a way that made it feel like the entire truck is made out of one piece, aka, German sedan like.

The Silverado has been averaging 22 MPG with a 70/30 split in HWY/City driving. I recently borrowed my father F150 Ecoboost and was averaging 19-20 on the same commute/driving pattern. My truck rides quieter than the Ram and F150 hands down. Triple sealed doors, felt lined wheel wells, and glass with an acoustic laminate layer help tremendously....This truck is quieter than my Boss's Lexus RX350. I absolutely love the cylinder deactivation feature. On my commute to wrok doing 50 MPH for 15 miles with no stop signs, I average 29 MPG!!!