Great value for a used truck
By Thekid on
1998 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Regular Cab SB
I bought this S-10 with the 2.2L/5 Speed - yet otherwise it's loaded even to having the premium CD player audio. The 4 Cyl is okay power-wise once you realize it comes alive up in the rev band when you need to accelerate. The A/C all but kills the poor engine however - but it does blow ice cubes. There is enough room for my 6'1" self - the bonus of the lower seating. For me, of course the seat is jammed fully back without the luxury of reclining - so I don't use those break-prone parts... of course my lumbar support is long gone. The seats are too hard. The wiper control issue is a major safety problem! Positives are great economy and solid body at 100K+
Favorite Features
Solid tight chassis @100K+ miles and excellent fuel economy top my list. The 4 cyl power is better than expected if you keep the revs up. Nice paint job and better than expected room are a major plus. I like the retained power for the radio - along with the automatic exit lamps.
Suggested Improvements
The windshield wiper issue should be a recall issue. Better interior materials and hardware (doors rattle from the factory stereo - yet never from the hardest bumps). The A/C should not choke even the high- reving/limited low-end torque 4 cylinder as much as it does.