Used 2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Monte-carlo - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

Not pleased with this one
By Got a lemon

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Supercharged SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I'm not very pleased with my 2005 Monte Carlo. I would love to get rid of it, but it has not held its resale value and I owe too much on it. I have owned it for 3 years and it has been in the shop and been worked on 7 times. The belts an pulleys keep breaking. The steering shaft has also went out on it. I work from home and do not drive it everyday and it has been well maintained it only has 28,000 miles on it for a 3 year old car. My dash is also coming apart. I will not buy another one and I will be getting rid of this one as soon as possible.

Favorite Features

I do like all the extra features as far as the heated seats, built in phone and garage door openers.

Suggested Improvements

Chevy needs to upgrade their interior, the inside of this car is cheap made.

2005 Monte Carlo LT
By keaporsch1

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have extremely enjoyed my Monte Carlo. It is powerful, reliable, durable, and stylish. It handles awesome in snow and ice. So far, the most expensive repair has been a replacement instrument cluster. Ive had nothing but good times with my Monte. I plan on keeping it forever.

Favorite Features

Sport appearance package, dual exhaust, fog lamps, heated seats, radio control on steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

More color options-if Chevrolet brings the Monte back into production

2005 Monte
By sd74oklahoma

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Blue Ribbon treated me great! The car runs great- of course I take good care of her with regular oil changes and such... Minimal issues all expected with running a car. Very happy.

Favorite Features

I love the exterior and get lots of comments on it. It is comforatble- the back seats are big. The trunk is huge!

Suggested Improvements

I wish I had all the extras that came with these cars. They look great with the sun roof, leather interior, and spoiler.

Dissapointment
By stup62

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Have owned this car since July, 2005. Am very disappointed with Chevy. So much so, I am switching brands. I have had Chevys all my life, but never owned a piece of junk like this car. Have had the battery replaced, the power steering pump and belt replaced the steering shaft replaced, (now needs it again), the drivers side seatbelt replaced. Replaced the junk goodyear tires at 24,000 miles, were wore down to the tread bars. Not happy with this car. Wouldn't recommend Chevy to anybody.

Favorite Features

Exterior looks

Suggested Improvements

Improve how you produce a car, take pride in what you make

Lemone'
By Tyler

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned the car less than 6 months and had a tie rod end go out, the shifter break, the lights will occasionally turn off and then back on - on a dark night, the tranny will go to a 'super stall mode' on occasion, CV axle go bad. There is a lot of road and door-side noise (from poor manufacturing - sealing). Other than that... it gets approximately 28 MPG AVG. The motor has a little bit of spunk to it, and a high end speed is very comfortable, and you don't feel like your losing control of the vehicle. 60-85 feels relatively the same, 85 - top some extra noise, but very controllable. Brakes are very responsive. Any speed over 60 MPH, and gas mileage drops dramatically though.

Favorite Features

Simple, responsive, good avg. mileage. Very nice exterior, esp. rear. Car learns how you drive. If easy, you wont feel it shift. Very smooth. If hot rodding... You will feel it like a good stall converter.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more aggressive grille. Wish it wasn't made in China (Sigh...). The design is very nice. But, the quality of parts is downright insulting to an American, down to the level of an import. I would expect this workmanship from a Nissan. Not a Chevy!