2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
Tony Stewart SS is a keeper
By Bob Hendrichs on 12/11/06 13:42 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Supercharged SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought my Tony Stewart 2005 SS a year and a half ago. I have had several people offer me more than I paid for it. This car is a keeper. If you have one hang on to it. It will be a collectable. What a sweet ride.

Tony Stewart SS
By Bob Carter on 06/24/06 09:47 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the Tony Stewart SS model and have had it for about a year. I have had no problems. This car is a real head turner. Don't buy anything but an SS--this baby will get out and go

Awesome
By LAURA on 02/15/06 20:56 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my Monte for 2 weeks. I love it, love it, love it. Where are the handling problems I have read about? It handles like a dream. No abs is fine with me, I want the control. As far as hydroplaning, not once have I experienced that. This car is peppy, and I finally found a car that agrees with me and my pickiness.

Great Road Car
By wyocolo on 01/07/06 21:39 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've put 18k miles on my Monte in seven months and it has been the best car I've owned. I bought it because I needed good gas mileage and after all the incentives and rebates last summer, loaded it was cheaper than a fairly stripped Civic. Every day I drive 70 miles round trip and I average 28MPG which I think is great considering I live at 9300' altitude and work at 5000' so its either going up hill in passing gear or down all the time. I have had no problems or repairs and its a very comfortable car to drive. If your concerned about its ability to handle snow and ice, get the traction control option and as long as the front end doesn't start plowing snow you will be fine.

Love it in RED
By Wendy on 11/03/05 13:32 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Even though we have had my Monte for only two weeks, I LOVE IT. Our old car had a sunroof which we miss, so having one installed. Read the review about not much of a winter car, so we will see about that since we live in Iowa. As far as ABS, I never like those brakes on my old car, felt like I wasn't in control, my car took over. Didn't like that, so I'm actually glad my Monte didn't come with ABS. We love the Cardinal Red color as well.

My second Monte Carlo
By eddiep on 10/27/05 15:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My first Monte Carlo was a 1977, now my '05. Both designs I like, and I like the CD player over the 8-track! Also I like the front wheel drive, better traction than back in '77.

My 4th Monte, the best yet.
By Phil24 on 10/27/05 13:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Supercharged SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This is my 4th Monte Carlo in a row, and its been the most fun to drive out of them. The supercharger gives a lot of added excitement and preformance that my 2001 SS lacked. Speaking of preformance, the car handles great in all types of adverse weather, no tendency to spin in the snow or hydroplane in the rain at all. Im a large person (6'6 and 300 pounds) and this car is extreamly comfortable for me to drive, both short trips and extended drives over 4 hours.

A Very Good Car
By Brian on 10/18/05 12:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Chevy did a nice job with this car. It's comfortable and stylish (the ladies love it - NO JOKE!). Acceleration and gas mileage with the 3.4L V6 aren't this engine's strong suits, but it's relatively smooth and works well with the 4-speed auto trans. Steering is slightly overassisted, but handling is decent. After nearly 12,000 miles, no problems, except for slightly warped brake rotors which I'll have checked and probably replaced under warranty soon. The interior could stand more usable storage space up front, but overall, no complaints. Great sound from CD stereo.

Chevys Best
By Larry Gehrs on 10/04/05 04:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Supercharged SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have a Tony Stewart special edition Monte Carlo 2005 ,supercharged, The car is very fast and the car is good handling. For the up most, the car is built strong and sturdy. Very well built and one of the best on the road

CHEVY FAMILY - LOVE IT!!!
By Janis Colby on 10/03/05 22:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Monte Carlo. I had a 1985 Monte Carlo SS and I loved it. I just got a 2005 on 9/30/05 and I love it. Saw the 2006 body style but didn't like it. I also test drove the new Impala SS and thought the style looked like a Jetta. Not impressed, didn't like look of new dashboard at all, 05 - like my 85 - so went with the Monte LT 05. They are a dependable car and I love the style, performance, and all the features - totally different from the 1985. Also test drove an SS 05 and really not much difference. Seems to apear to be a heavy car, which is great for our weather in the winter. Truly reccomend. Great Job Chevy!! GM A lot better looking than the 02-03 model.