2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
Better than Most
By Saigashooter on 10/04/09 20:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

A nice car for a single person, or to just have fun in from time to time. The 3.8 NA V6 is easy on gas but still has some giddy up, though a stock 4.3 or larger V6 would be nice. The car is large though it doesn't handle like a boat. Transmission is a weak point if you have a bad habit of laying rubber at intersections, though it is mostly due to a poorly built throttle position sensor, which causes whining between 2k and 3K rpm The car certainly looks different than any domestic or import sedan or coupe, and people will comment on it. The interior is nice, though some owners report gaps between the glovebox and dash. The rubber treatment on the interior needs to go, as it wears easily.

Not up to snuff
By Disapointed2005 on 01/07/09 17:26 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my car new and liked it until the factory warranty expired. My car has average at least two trips to the shop since the day I bought it. I have had to replace a rear wheel bearing and a water pump at my expense. There is a very troubling sound coming from the drive train currently. The car is comfortable and pretty easy on gas. I like the exterior styling.

05 LT 3.8
By buckshot on 08/06/08 08:05 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The exterior styling is an acquired taste, but I think it looks great, retro enough to turn heads but not too much. The deep laser blue paint looks great, and has held up very well thus far. Interior is roomy, all controls are easily reached from the drivers seat. The glove box is the only flaw, it isn't fitted tightly enough under the dashboard, and there is an ugly gap. The leather seats are very comfortable, and the heating element does an amazing job. The 3.8l V6 provides OK power, but a v8 with a RWD setup would be best. First gear seems bit sluggish, car would greatly benefit fron a manual trans, or 5 speed auto. handling is OK, the car does roll have body roll, and needs a sway bar.

My Baby
By Barnzy on 05/18/08 17:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Leased my LT (3.8) new in Feb 05 and bought it when the lease expired. I now have 41K on the odometer and the car looks, and drives every bit as good as it did when I first got it. A smooth, quite ride; and exceptional acceleration and steering response. Fuel consumption was disappointing at first, but improved considerably after about 20K. I now average 24 mpg in town, and 30 on the highway. I consider this exceptional for a 3.8 engine and a car this size. This style Monte Carlo is sure to become a classic, and I hope to keep mine for many years to come.

2005 Monte Carlo LT
By keaporsch1 on 03/01/08 16:45 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have extremely enjoyed my Monte Carlo. It is powerful, reliable, durable, and stylish. It handles awesome in snow and ice. So far, the most expensive repair has been a replacement instrument cluster. Ive had nothing but good times with my Monte. I plan on keeping it forever.

Tony Stewart SS
By Bob Carter on 06/24/06 09:47 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the Tony Stewart SS model and have had it for about a year. I have had no problems. This car is a real head turner. Don't buy anything but an SS--this baby will get out and go

CHEVY FAMILY - LOVE IT!!!
By Janis Colby on 10/03/05 22:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Monte Carlo. I had a 1985 Monte Carlo SS and I loved it. I just got a 2005 on 9/30/05 and I love it. Saw the 2006 body style but didn't like it. I also test drove the new Impala SS and thought the style looked like a Jetta. Not impressed, didn't like look of new dashboard at all, 05 - like my 85 - so went with the Monte LT 05. They are a dependable car and I love the style, performance, and all the features - totally different from the 1985. Also test drove an SS 05 and really not much difference. Seems to apear to be a heavy car, which is great for our weather in the winter. Truly reccomend. Great Job Chevy!! GM A lot better looking than the 02-03 model.

Monte Family
By Patti Baughman on 07/23/05 09:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. It is my first brand new vehicle and it is great. It rides well, its comfortable to drive. The styling is good. I did not like the looks of the '06 so we got an '05. This car is very driver oriented. Plenty of room inside for passengers. We are now proud owners of 1970, 1998, and 2005 Monte Carlo's.

The Full Monte
By Barry Panzer on 06/06/05 11:30 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely love this car. i previously owned a Jag X-type and CTS. Tons of features, extremely comfortable front seats, great visibility, and solid powerful ride. Black with spoiler is a knockout. The cabin is very quiet, and the trunk is spacious. Not too many around, if unique matters. No glitches on delivery. Perfect, if car is rarely full. Fabulous audio. If you read about the small back seat, it's true, but calling controls "cheap" is silly. All devices are sensible, easy to operate and if you need the fake plastic burled wood look, buy something else.

2005 Monte Carlo LT
By Fred on 05/09/05 17:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Traded a 2003 Monte Carlo SS for this 2005 Monte Carlo LT. Equipped with the same options. But the fuel mileage is less than the old car (average highway mileage is (2003) 26.8 vs. (2005) 23.5). Other than that it's a great car.