Simply put: a good value
By Mark T. on
1999 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan
It's about as good a deal as you can get on a decent midsized car. I would advise people looking to buy a Mally to go in after they're trying to get the new model year cars out there, you'll get a great deal. IF YOU ARE BUYING USED, I would advise you to go after a low-mileage Malibu. The Edmunds rating for 99 Mallys is real low, yet my car has been a dream (22K miles). I've only had to fix: front brake rotors, burned out tail-light (twice), broken seatbelt buckle. All under warranty. And that's it! My Mally has been everything I've asked for and has never, ever failed me. Love a Malibu and it won't let you down.
Favorite Features
It's a very comfortable car. I really feel at home behind the wheel. The 3800 V6 3.1 is a great GM engine, very reliable and strong. The sound system is excellent. I am 6-3 and there is still plenty of head, leg room. The car is replete with nice little touches.
Suggested Improvements
Ditch the tires...Firestone Affinity's are HORRIBLE tires. I've already had not one but TWO of them blow out after minor contact (once with a rock, once I clipped a curb). They are surprisingly fragile tires and aren't cheap. Sadly, all Mallys are governed at 105.