very disapointed
By very disapointed on
1997 Chevrolet Lumina LS 4dr Sedan
Very expsensive car to own. I have had this car just a short time. 121,000 miles when I bought it, and in less than 6mos I have made some very costly repairs (close to $2000) with some repairs labor free because I did some myself. intake gasket, egr valve, catalytic coverter, trans flush new brakes. the check engine light comes on everytime I fix one thing something else sets light on. I really think this is a good example of a modern day disposable car. If I could aford to, I would just throw it away to the junkyard where it belongs. poor engineering altogether. Just a legal lemon, and a piece of junk.
Favorite Features
nice stereo w/ theft lock. very roomy trunk. Looks nice. rear defroster.
Suggested Improvements
Needs better engineering from the factory. Chevrolet should be ashamed of this car, but I am sure they have made a lot of money on selling replacement parts--probably more than they made from the original purchase.
By brianm20nascar
on 01/02/11 11:52 AM (PST)

The car is 14 years old and has 121,000 miles. You complain about brakes and a trans flush? If you had done that work yourself it probably would cost no more than $600! Sounds like someone who wants to complain. I've driven the wheels off my lumina. Bought it at 90k and now has 181k. With few repairs its easily one of the best cars ive ever owned. Plenty of power, and great gas mileage. Still drive mine daily.