2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
06 Chevy Impala LTZ Rocks
By philz94tt on 03/23/14 07:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This Impala LTZ is a very solid vehicle with only a couple issues. It will need a water pump and thermostat at about 8 years into service. There was also a recall on the power steering hose that was handled very well by the local dealer in the 2011 to 2012 time frame, 3.9 liter with 240 HP is responsive. The gas mileage is very good, ride comfort is great, no noises in my vehicle, interior is good for top of the line, the top of dash does seem a bit cheap and needs a good amount of detailing to look good, the sun will hammer that spot and the leather seat areas close to the windows need to be treated with leather conditioner. Bose sound system is very good.

Nice to drive - when it works
By waldo57 on 11/07/12 07:50 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I just (thankfully) traded in my 2006 Chevrolet Impala LTZ that I had for 3 years. It was a complete nightmare. I replaced the power steering pump twice, and had the power steering service four or five times on top of that. When the weather got cold, the power steering pump would "pressurize" and blow the hose right off, leaking power steering fluid all over the ground. The dealership charged me several hundred dollars to "fix" it, but by the time I traded it in several months later, the power steering pump was making a grinding noise again. Other than these problems, the car was very nice. It handled well, and has plenty of power for passing or moving in traffic.

Very cheaply built car - very poor quality.
By swannee1948 on 12/05/11 11:44 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the 2006 Chevy Impala Ltz recently from a dealership in Iowa. The car had only 33,500 miles on it -- thus I thought that it would be an excellent buy & value for the money. Mechanically the car is fine - the 3.9 L - 6 cylinder engine performs very well. The heater does not work properly . The heater takes forever to kick in & generate warm / hot air -- the heater works fine when driving. The heater does not work when sitting idling in traffic - blows cold air. The rear window defroster does not work at all. The quality of the interior is horrendous -- very cheap. Squeaks, creaks & rattles all over - especially in the dash panel. Very poor craftsmanship

No regrets whatsoever.
By Jeremy on 01/15/10 12:14 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my 2007 ltz (3.9 ltr) for about 3 months, and I still look forward to getting in it to go anywhere. Although the gas pedal is a little firm and takes some getting used to, it has plenty of pep and always does what I ask. This car strikes the right balance between sport and luxury - it's tight around corners and comfortable on long trips. Interior controls are well-thought out. I live in WI and it handles very good in the snow for a sedan. Had a minor issue with fuel cap sensor but it was promptly corrected by dealer with no recurrence. Back seats not huge, but fine for our two kids. I previously owned two Luminas and 1 Impala, and this vehicle has not disappointed me at all.

Not Reliable
By Anne on 01/20/09 10:21 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Fun car to drive, but not very reliable. At 46,000 miles the water pump went out, at 71,000 miles the tranmission started leaking, at 110,000 the power steering pump went out. I have ongoing problems with the tire pressure monitors. The remote fob doesn't work unless you are within approximately 5 feet of the car, which makes the remote start virtually worthless. I also own a 2002 Impala LS with 250,000+ miles on it, that I have had no problems with; so at least I have something reliable to drive I will never again purchase a GM automobile due to these issues, I will be purchasing a Toyota Camry soon.

Reliability Problems
By Ted on 01/08/09 08:31 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2006 3.9 engine. 66,000 business miles in 2.5 years. Transmission, front end bearings, water pump, tire sensors, sway bar, all have failed. I like the car, but too many repairs. All dealership repairs. No explanation. I will never buy another Chevy. Thank God it's a company car, not too much out of pocket.

Oregon - 06 LTZ
By vperl on 07/24/08 16:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Got my LTZ a little more than two years ago, no problems. Oil changes at dealer with 15,700 miles on car is all the service it has needed. Great power, ride, and look of the LTZ. Would be nice to have automatic climate control, and rear wheel drive. However, the price I got this LTZ with all the bells and whistles it was and still is a bargain and a great car. GM & Chevy need to keep up the work and show the American car is still king.

My 3rd Impala
By crewzn on 03/07/07 10:19 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Chevy Impala. I am normally a truck type of girl, but in 2000 my husband took me to see a red Impala LS at 9pm on my birthday! I fell in love with it, bought it next day. I then up graded to a fully loaded LS in 2002 (also red) with sunroof and all extras. In 2005 he talked me into a GMC crew cab tk, that lasted until I drove a 2006 Impala LTZ (white this time...didnt like red that year) bought it in June '06. Absolutely love it. I have taken it on road trips to Portland, OR, several trips to Branson, MO and at least 3 to Wichita, Ks. Car now has 14500 miles and still rides awsome. Note... K&N airfilter helped with my gas mileage and take off quite a bit.

Best Car I've Owned
By Kevin on 11/25/06 06:04 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I had to buy a new vehicle after an accident. I did a lot of research and I had narrowed it down to the Imapla and a Camry. I drove an '07 Impala and decided that was the car (I bought an '06 to get the price break). The LTZ has the 3.9L engine. It is very powerful, even in a car the size of the Impala. The seats are just great. The leather is soft and comforatble. The interior styling is very clean and refreshing. The trunk is huge! I really think GM has gotten much better. They think of little things that you just don't find in other cars like the delayed door locking allowing you to open another door after pushing the lock button. Very nice!

Best buy for the money
By Rich on 09/06/06 09:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This car drives like a luxury automobile for less than half the price. The standard features of the LTZ model (e.g. side air bags, plush leather seating, premium stereo system, etc.)make this car a real bargain. These features were all optional and expensive on all the foriegn cars that I looked at. The ride and mileage were extra bonuses. I receive 26.5 mpg at an average speed of less than 38 mph. I would encourage everyone looking for a new car to take the time and compare the price and ride with any other model in its class. The controls are very easy to use and program.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.