2002 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
owner
By goerge on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Only problem I have had is with brake rotors

Edmunds Unfair to Impalas
By Paul Black on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Edmunds reviewers must have been on loco weed when they said Impala was "dreadful". We looked at everything from Audi to Volvo and settled on an Impala LS. The LS has a snappy engine, full independant suspension, and rides great. It corners like an Aston and has zero understeer. It'll beat anything but a "muscle car" in a dead heat off the line. Fully loaded, it's the buy of a lifetime.

2002 IMPALA
By JAMES CALDWELL on 05/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I am driving my second Impala. they are lease cars,and I use it in my work.The firsd one had 75000 miles on it,and this one has 18000.I took delivery in Janurary.I had no trouble with either of the cars.They have performed with out any serious breakdowns.If I could upgrade,I would get the LS for the extra power.My only complaint is it took a few weeks for the power seat to get comfortable.

This is the car for you
By Sullivanmark1 on 05/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The car has an electronic information center that tells your average speed, mileage, average mileage per gal. I average 32 miles in town and 35 on the freeway. I have checked it the old method and the electronic mileage unit is accurate - WOW... (I have the 3.4l engine on a sedan).

comfort and power under $30000
By summer on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My Impala has lots of get-up and rides very comfortably. My husband is a bigger man so is not comfortable in many cars during our long road trips. The Impala is extremely spacious and has 2 thermostats (one for each of us) so there are few arguements over the temperature. This is a great, reliable car especially for its class.

A JOY to drive!
By slonaker on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

What an outstandingly well-built car! I have to take issue with the editor's comments about "wallowy suspension," and "low-buck interior". Our Impala LS is tight, roomy, comfortable and just flat FUN to drive! Someone here mentioned it's not meant for those 5' 7" and over. Well, I'm 6' 3" and this is one of the few vehicles I can actually stretch my legs in. All this AND a 5-star rating for safety?? Why would anyone consider anything else??

I'd buy it again
By Lugwrench on 05/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

the key to this car is it does allthings fairly well. It has adistinctly American feeling as far as room and comfort is concerned. Anyone considering a family car should give it a good test drive

Impala needs
By Imp02mar on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The car sets to high in the back and visibility is limited due to window slope and size. There is a lot of road noise from the tires on most road surfaces but side noise seems to be low. Gas mileage is a little lower then I expected (by 2 or 3 MPG). The suspension is also to stiff for a full size seden.

Impala
By Keith Hunter on 05/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is an all-around competent, comforatble and fun to drive vehicle. I love the sporty, conserative look and feel of this car. Power everything, spacious interior and torquey engine is a thrill. Huge on inside, mid-size on outside makes city or highway travel fun and comfortable in all american style!

DBatmobile
By dyoung1 on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car is comfortable, though a bit noisy, with most controls easy to use and reach. Leather seats provide good support with adjustable lumbar and they are toasty in the winter with the seat heaters. The car has a very smooth powertrain with excellent low end grunt and pleanty of passing power with the 3.8L engine. It gets excellent gas mileage at about 30-31 on trips. The handling dynamics are so-so, it requires attention to track, especially on the twisty roads. It holds all our stuff for those long vacations, but is still easy to park. The only problem in 10k miles was a leak in the gas tank filler neck that required replacement of the tank - under warranty.