Used 2012 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews - 113 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

Gas Mileage Superhero
By Ron Potter

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

From day one I averaged 50MPG or better. Driving is mixed city and highway, usually with no other passengers. On a trip from Ohio to Florida with two passengers plus driver and luggage, running between 75-80 interstate with air on we still averaged 49 MPG. I have saved enough on fuel expense over my Ford Crewcab Gas to pay for the car. I have always driven either Mercedes or BMWs for daily use and this was my first new American car in 15 years....wished I had tried them before.

Reliable good-looking car
By Taylor B.

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I love my 2012 Chevy Cruze. I fell in love with the interior the second I sat in it. I bought the car used and have had it for nearly 2 years now with NO problems at all. Has about 64k miles on it at this point as well. For the price, it is a great car. Even survives the harsh NE winters - which was surprising. The only problem is the shifting is pretty poor in most situations. It will often feel like the car is lurching forward when shifting. Strange. Other than the weird shifting, this car is great.

Owner of a 2012
By Guess who

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Great car for long or short distances in regards to gas mileage. I drove from NY to DC on 1 tank of gas ( not bad). It can be quit snug if you're 6' or taller and getting out can be a pain in the butt. I have had 3 recalls on the car but nothing serious and everything was covered by manufacturer.

Best bang for your buck
By L. J.

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my Cruze for just over $16,000. I can drive from Davenport, Iowa to Cincinnati, Ohio easily on a tank of gas. I get much better gas mileage than the automatics do. The shift is smooth and easy to use. I love everything about my car! The only negative is the idiot shift light for maximum fuel economy is annoying. I've only had one recall since I purchased it new in 2013. A big bonus for me is the trunk size and set up. With the back seats down, I can easily fit large items through the frame. Makes it a great car for hauling when you just need a few 4x4x8 for a fence. I'm keeping this car. Its not ever going to be for sale.

Should have bought the Corolla
By Jake

2012 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a cheap unreliable car. Electrical problems, Numerous recalls, cheap interior, A transmission that cannot decide which gear it wants to be in, 5000 mile oil change intervals by me with Mobile One fully synthetic and now the Turbo is out with only 56,000 miles. THIS CAR IS A JOKE.