Problems with owning an '06 Z06 Corvette
By alenatasevich1 on
2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)
I have had nothing but problems with this car. Starter needs replacing. I had on road assistance called twice because the car didn't start. 2 & 1/2 months of owning this car and I'm informed that the "engine is cracked". I speak with mechanics & the dealership and I'm informed that this happened on installation at the factory as there was overtorquing that cracked the lower engine block. I was shown the problem visually. It's as clear as day which is another testimony to GM's & Chevrolet's quality control which is anything but. Nevertheless, they refuse to replace the car although its obvious that the car was delivered defective. GM is willing to replace the engine.
Favorite Features
I have trouble seeing any favorite features as my focus has been on the problems I'm having with this car.
Suggested Improvements
GM & Chevrolet needs to focus on the quality of the product, but more importantly on the proper treatment of their customers. I know of at least 3 situations where a Porsche 911, a BMW M3, and a Honda with similar or more minor problems was replaced WITHOUT any headaches or issues.