Used 1996 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

polo lt4
By LT4 Owner

1996 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this Vett May 2014 from a private party for a decent price. I knew nothing about this car but had to have it when I saw it. I previously owned an 04 coupe but sold it and wished I hadn't . Even though the car is a step down from my 04 I was really surprised at the performance . It has great pick up and is a solid car that I feel safe in. It took a while getting used to getting into, but there is a certain way to get into them. It is Polo Green Metallic and I have to say the color has grown on me, and is rich looking .The color changes in different light and at times can look black in low light. It is a smooth ride, and shifting is easy . It is an Lt4 and when you step on it , it goes! a previous owner put Magna flow exhaust on which sounds beefy without being too much. The seats are leather and still in good condition at 111,200 miles. It still looks stylish, and I have gotten many compliments on it. I have replaced tires, several leaks in the transmission, and other leaks. I have to remind myself it is an old car and those things wear out . If you get a chance to buy one you should, I have never regretted buying it and I don't see myself selling it.

Love C4s
By Misa Clyde

1996 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have had many vettes through the years. C4s are my favorite. I like the body shape, and my 96 , nineteen yrs old, and never had a problem I did have to change the battery a few times, but thats it.
Love the car.

the shape is beautiful

none

Not So Spectacular
By corvettefever96

1996 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this Corvette in 2004. It only had 38,000 miles on it at the time. I drive it about 4,000 miles a year. Honestly, it's a very pretty car... I have people tell me all the time how beautiful it is. But... I don't think it's a very reliable vehicle. I've had the water pump replaced, transmission had a leak that got fixed. Now, I noticed that my oil pan gasket is leaking. Really, I don't think the vehicle is reliable. You would think that because it's a "Corvette", it was built good. I don't think it was.

Nice Paint job

Where do I start? They need to use better parts when they build the vehicle.

Smile per mile
By 96Torpedo

1996 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

Over the years I've owned a 72 Corvette Convertible, and a 88 Corvette coupe. I purchases my 96 in June of 2009 with 31000 miles on it. As soon as I saw it, I knew it was coming home with me. I'm 65 years old and this car makes me feel like I'm 25. I'm flexible enough to get in and out with no trouble at all. Looks, power, handling, and most of all, pretty good on gas. I love it. If you're a senior citizen, and want a daily thrill (if you know what I mean), get one and fly into the sunset.

Everything !

Can't think of any..

'96 Collectors Ed.
By bcar2x20

1996 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe

My '96 Collectors Edition is my daily driver! Live in Colorado and drive rain, snow or shine. I purchased with 108,000 miles and have been pleasantly surprised at how reliable the car is. Performance is great and still gets attention with over 135,000 miles on it. Drove down town last year to view a car show. When leaving a man and his young son walked by as I was getting ready to pull out. Much to my surprise they stopped and admired my car for 2 or 3 minutes stating "nice car we did't get to see Corvette today!". I think that statement speaks for itself. Still amazes me that a 10 year old Vette can have so much performance, quality and reliability for what you pay!

Performance: 0-60mph in 4.9 sec., most past Ferarris can't do that! Styling: I love the Collectors ed. silver w/5 spoke zr1 type wheels. Rear hatch: I like the looks and ability to put suitcases or two sets of golf clubs in car. Mileage; 18 in town, 22-24 hwy. Bose sound system: sounds great!

The wide tires will pull you around on an old grooved out road. no, nothings wrong with car! My bose sound system will not take a cd anymore (old).use i- pod , still sounds awesome. Brakes aren't as strong as I'd prefer. Noticeable Body/chassis flex w/top off.