Used 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews - 116 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

My former Cobalt
By Melissa

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I drove my 2008 Cobalt until just weeks ago when it was totaled. The car fully protected me in a head-on collision, airbag deployed, which is a major plus. At 26,000 miles, I had no maintenance issues outside of several annoyances with the radio / digital display. The car was quite reliable, quiet, and did extremely well on long trips. The stock sound was fantastic and the interior, albeit plain, was not bad for the value. The car handled the road very well for the value, also. This was the 2nd Cobalt I've owned in the last 5 years (an '05 previously) and I've not been disappointed. A great, reliable car for the value.

A quiet ride, airbags and crash response (!), roomy trunk, good response, good highway mileage, easy to maintain, good stock radio/XM radio, Revolution package offered good looks/value for exhaust/wheels.

Digital display malfunctioned regularly, Seats provide awful lumbar support, city mileage is so-so, leg room in back is poor, trunk release sometimes will not latch and seats randomly fold down.

08Bolt
By Murphalo

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. It's reliable, gets great gas mileage, and really is fun to drive. Has a great look to it, and the stereo system is great.

Speed adjusted volume adjustment on the radio is really cool, big trunk fits mine and and my buddies golf clubs. The dashboard is sharp and has a clean look to it

Arm rests would be nice, seats could be a little more comfortable, and the turn signals get stuck on.

My 08 Balt
By Christian

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Cobalt a little over a year now, its a fun little car, but ii was expecting more from it. I added new rims/tires and a new exhaust because the appearance was somewhat plain. The inside looks really cheap, Chevy needs a major upgrade on the interior. I have yet to see the mileage Chevy says it gets, a little frustrating. I'd say its a good beginner car, but not really able to compete with other cars in the same category, it just falls short.

I love the back end of the car, very eye catching, and the gauges are nice.

Better rims and tires. The front end is def a little plain and unattractive. The INTERIOR looks so cheap, major work here. And sometimes the handling is too sluggish and unresponsive. Bigger gas tank.

First Car
By Vicious

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Definitely has the 'fun-to-drive' factor! For my first car, I'd say it was a tasty pick. Test drove it before I even got to a Scion TC and immediately fell in love. Easy to drive, looks sharp after being washed- especially with tinted windows. Only problem I ever had was running the stereo too long without the car being turned on so the battery died, easy jump though. Plastic grille on the front popped out once, but I stuck it back in. Turning signal sticks. Parking brake cable sticks out on the bottom as well. No big deal. Overall I still love it!

Acceleration, power everything, mp3 jack, trunk space, sunroof, spoiler/overall body style, fog lights, information display.

Real arm rest, gas tank access on driver's side!! More roomy/ attractive console, stock dual exhaust would be cool! Better stock rims- they're too fake looking.

Falling apart already...
By dgw2jr

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I got it as a rental for work. Pulls hard to the left. Tire pressure is good though. Vibrates when braking as if a rotor is warped. Not acceptable for a car with only 30k miles and built in April of 2008. I don't expect it to last as long as my 1992 Sentra.

CD Player and sound system has aux in for my iPod. Good bass response from the speakers. I also like the trip computer which allows you to instant gas mileage and tire pressures. Steering wheel cruise control is nice.

Remove the bridge from the bottom part of the steering wheel. I usually put my hand there when I'm cruising down the road. Also, I cant see a thing out of the back window and rear side windows. Huge blind spots!