2008 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Love it
By sgemrald5 on 05/16/10 11:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have never owned an american made car before this one. I love this thing! it rides great, so quiet, has given me up to the 50's in mpg on highway. displays everything on a screen that i would ever want to know. I got it with 32,000 miles on it and haven't had any problems. It's a breeze. Fun to drive, reliable, great on gas. highly suggest it for the commuting college student or worker, its great.

More improvements than features
By BRIAN on 05/03/10 19:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car because I wanted to downsize from a mini van thinking I would save on gas.Big mistake my mini van got better gas mileage than this car.the car does have good acceleration good steering, turning for a 2.2 liter but the gas part not so good.I do a lot of highway driving so i needed a car with good gas mileage.also it doesn't have a lot of leg room i have 2 kids and it's really tight ride. unfortunately this car doesnt have a high resale value so i didn't get much when i traded it in

A Disaster in Navy Blue
By emily207 on 04/23/10 05:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Never in my life have I had such an experience with a car. I traded a 1996 Pontiac Sunfire for my 2008 Cobalt, and within months, wanted the Sunfire back. The major issue I had with this car was the lock cylinder. Eventually, I had to have the car towed out of my garage because the key simply wouldn't turn in the ignition. It sat in the shop for a month. I got it back in the middle of January, was rear-ended two days later, and got stranded in a parking lot three days after that when the key wouldn't turn AGAIN. I was completely fed up with the Chevrolet experience and traded it for a 2006 Jetta. I think a person is supposed to be sad to see a car go, but I was HAPPY.

A Champion car
By Ryan on 02/13/10 07:00 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car a while ago and I love it, I have the LT edition and I get 36 on the highway, even though my car is packed full of stuff(I'm currently moving). Great acceleration and breaking. The only downside is that it gets uncomfortable on long road trips.

Decided on a Cobalt
By Lenny on 02/12/10 14:25 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Cobalt a couple of months ago to replace my gas guzzling alero. however i'm only getting 450km a tank in my car :( and i'm only driving it highway to school and back so that was really disappointing. HUGE trunk and the car is really nice both inside and out and is fun to drive and reliable. sporty and fairly peppy for a 2.2

One mean little car
By Fallenmoon on 02/06/10 17:01 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought used in early 2009. Handles well, corners great, and has some serious cumption. Has heated leather seats in the front which are a nice addition in the winter. The short range fuel use leaves a bit to be desired (22mpg), The long distance fuel use is great (41mpg at highest avg. was 38mpg over 1500 miles). The Interior is Black with silver high lights. Leather heated front seats with plenty of leg room (unless your really tall). My car being a sport has as lower profile that can cause issues, namely the lower grill can pop out. But other then that It's rather sleek. Over all the car feels like it was put together rather well, Handles like a dream and looks good too boot.

Just bougt an 08
By LongDriver on 02/01/10 14:40 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought an 08 Cobalt and for the money boy am I happy. I'm a long distance commuter (200 miles one way) and the gas savings are great (31.8 avg mpg driving 60 to 65 half in the hills and half in the flatlands). I'm 6ft 225 and there is ample room for my 3 hour drive. All I wanted was a cruise control, automatic transmission, and an AC. I ended up with a full featured car including heated leather seats, sunroof, power everything, pioneer sound system with a big ole subwoofer. Steering is tight, brakes responsive, and plenty of get-up-and-go when I need it. For the money I spent I'm one happy Chevy Dude.

Good
By smp429 on 01/02/10 18:43 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased an 08 cobalt in 2009 with approximately 29000 miles. I do about 90% highway driving and get between 31.5 and 32.5 mile to the gallon which is so much better than my jeep. The car is fun to drive and overall has been great to own. The only draw back is that one of the hubcaps fell off after one month.

My former Cobalt
By Melissa on 12/02/09 07:07 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I drove my 2008 Cobalt until just weeks ago when it was totaled. The car fully protected me in a head-on collision, airbag deployed, which is a major plus. At 26,000 miles, I had no maintenance issues outside of several annoyances with the radio / digital display. The car was quite reliable, quiet, and did extremely well on long trips. The stock sound was fantastic and the interior, albeit plain, was not bad for the value. The car handled the road very well for the value, also. This was the 2nd Cobalt I've owned in the last 5 years (an '05 previously) and I've not been disappointed. A great, reliable car for the value.

08Bolt
By Murphalo on 11/05/09 19:41 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. It's reliable, gets great gas mileage, and really is fun to drive. Has a great look to it, and the stereo system is great.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.