Used 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

First car with no major flaws
By KHarris

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car now for almost a year and I LOVE it! It beats the Honda's I drove by far. I've had no major issues besides normal wear and tear. I am hoping that this keeps up as I am going to have this car for quite a while!

Favorite Features

Love the color, love the set up of the interior. Its been the most reliable car I have had to date. I've put almost 25,000 in the first year of owning it and had no major issues!

Suggested Improvements

Better quality interior. It seems like every time I try to shampoo the seats they just look dirtier. invest a little bit more on the interior then plastic parts, I put a new stereo system in and now all I can hear is plastic rattle!

Problem after Problem
By cdowning

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Broken the day driven off the lot. Now been in the shop 8 times for various problems. PCM/BCM issues biggest trouble. Transmission rebuilt, and still the whole front end sounds like it's about to fall apart. Terrible resale value. GM no help.

Favorite Features

Sun roof is nice, rear spoiler, 16" rims for cheap.

Suggested Improvements

Make a vehicle that can be fixed the first time -- or better yet one that won't break.

Worst Car EVER!!!
By ihatecobalts

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the car new and has been nothing but a headache. New gear shifter (It locked down and wouldn't shut off or let me put in park), had the get the gas tank fixed twice, oil pan cracked, pulley snapped off, and at a whopping 89000 it blew up. This car is JUNK off the charts LEMON. Money pit no dealership even wants to mess with it. Its past the warranty but the 100000 power train warranty doesn't hold up. Never buy this car..EVER it will leave you stranded several times for hours with kids. NO ONE ever stops anymore. It also over heats for NO reason got it checked by the dealership.

Favorite Features

I like the way it looks, good gas mileage when it runs, keep tire tread because it don't last long running, paint stays cause its always in a garage. Stereo is the best asset of the whole car. The rims are pretty.

Suggested Improvements

Just junk the line. This car is crap. New motors, new shifters, new radiator supports, new motor mounts, new valves, new alternators, new pulley system, new gas tank...I don't want to blow up or get high off fumes. Thanks Chevy just proved to me I stay with FORD.

my first car
By joco29

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my cobalt new and i now have 145,783 miles on it and it has never once let me down and stranded on the road. Not even so much as a dead battery, and yeah the battery i have in it is the one from the factory! The only work ive had done to it is ive had the electric power steering replaced from the recall as it just randomly stopped working while i was driving. But besides regular oil changes and maintence such as alignments and such ive never had one thing wrong and would reccomend it to anyone! And Ive worked at various car lots so Ive driven just about every car and id still reccomend this car over any other comperable car foreign or domestic. This has made me a chevy guy for life!

Suggested Improvements

It could have better acceleration.

2006 Cobalt LT, A Very Nice Car.
By isaiahtimothy

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is my first, so it's an excellent first car! I bought it off my grandma, so it had only 55,000 miles despite being seven years old. I really love this car, and I have little to complain about. The car overall is built really nicely, I love the looks of it, way better looking than the comparable Ford Focus, which is complete junk. The interior is very nicely designed, has nice finishes, although I don't very much like the cloth seats, although I don't like cloth in any car. The only other thing I have to complain about is a few rattles in the dash, and occasionally the sunroof. This car will be with me for many more miles, and i'll keep it as a commuter.

Favorite Features

-Computer Information Center: Tells you anything you may need to know about the car and provides warnings for weather, etc. -Large Trunk! -Great quality for an economy car! -Auto Headlamps & auto everything. -Lots more!

Suggested Improvements

-Fix rattles in dash. -Ignition had a recall. -No other complaints I can think of!