Used 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Bad Experience
By twittybird

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchase my Cobalt in 2006 brand new, I had problems every since, my power steering went out, and my ignition key would not release unless I stuck my finger in the whole the dealer made available for me to release my key from the ignition.

Favorite Features

I have no favorite features at all.

Suggested Improvements

Only suggestion, i need GM to offer me a coupon to purchase another vehicle, i cannot sell this vehicle and get any money off of it. Since i own this vehicle, its been 2 recalls and people have lost their lives.

2006 Cobalt LT, A Very Nice Car.
By isaiahtimothy

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is my first, so it's an excellent first car! I bought it off my grandma, so it had only 55,000 miles despite being seven years old. I really love this car, and I have little to complain about. The car overall is built really nicely, I love the looks of it, way better looking than the comparable Ford Focus, which is complete junk. The interior is very nicely designed, has nice finishes, although I don't very much like the cloth seats, although I don't like cloth in any car. The only other thing I have to complain about is a few rattles in the dash, and occasionally the sunroof. This car will be with me for many more miles, and i'll keep it as a commuter.

Favorite Features

-Computer Information Center: Tells you anything you may need to know about the car and provides warnings for weather, etc. -Large Trunk! -Great quality for an economy car! -Auto Headlamps & auto everything. -Lots more!

Suggested Improvements

-Fix rattles in dash. -Ignition had a recall. -No other complaints I can think of!

what happened?
By karamel20001

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Well it's like this..purchased car in 2006 brand new. Had fair credit at the time so being a unknowledgable I went for the high int rate. Had some set backs, but any about the car. Excellent when I first purchased. Didn't start having major problems until 110,000 miles. Took it to the dealership and sears only to be serviced. I had a transmission flush at 75,000 miles, a fuel thing for the recall, a steering issue for the recall, belt replaced, 3 rotors changed. And a long list of other things done as time went own. Now have 174,500 miles and the engine didn't pass the compression check and now they say I need a new engine at the dealership and it cost 3,100 dollars. I still owe. :(

Favorite Features

The heat work excellent.

Suggested Improvements

I wish it had the life time of a Honda or Toyota. Especially if your financing with fair credit. It should work way beyond the life of a loan. I had a chevy cobalt 2006 2.2 sedan. They should definitely look into better quality of the cars nowadays instead of the money. This just make you want to go for quality imports instead. See it wasn't really a money issue when I purchase the car, I thought I was getting quality. Now I feel like a sucker all over again. I even kept up the service on everything. Had I known this would happen I wouldn't have spent so much in servicing the car. They had the nerve to say I didn't keep it serviced. WOW!!!!

very fun car
By kylesssc

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

honestly i just got my 06 cobalt ss in march and so far no problems. its my first newer car and i fell in love with it the first day i picked it up. a very good car for people to learn stick on. i had no trouble at all. many people may not believe it but this car does have some power behind it, it is a fast little car. it is definitely a head turner. i had looked at many other cars before i came across this one and im very glad that i did end up with it. no regrets at all. very good car

Favorite Features

i love my interior, my ss is black with a leather red and black interior. my favorite feature would be the way chevrolet designed the body. i love how it comes stock with a slight body kit and the wing.

my first car
By joco29

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my cobalt new and i now have 145,783 miles on it and it has never once let me down and stranded on the road. Not even so much as a dead battery, and yeah the battery i have in it is the one from the factory! The only work ive had done to it is ive had the electric power steering replaced from the recall as it just randomly stopped working while i was driving. But besides regular oil changes and maintence such as alignments and such ive never had one thing wrong and would reccomend it to anyone! And Ive worked at various car lots so Ive driven just about every car and id still reccomend this car over any other comperable car foreign or domestic. This has made me a chevy guy for life!

Suggested Improvements

It could have better acceleration.