1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Trouble
By colorsendinink on 09/08/10 08:10 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

i just bought this car with 71,000 miles and it's already giving me problems. i took it back to the dealer 3 times to get it repaired because it overheats all the time. the car has no power whatsoever. one good thing about it is the gas mileage, thats awesome because i have a long commute to school every day.

Good Transportation
By DK on 07/26/06 10:25 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

Perfect choice for someone looking for a small car, basic transportation. Decent sound, great on gas, decent room for a small car. Reliable as all outdoors, I loved it.

crap
By bad choice on 09/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car is crappy. Not only is it ugly,it's crap!!! i hate my cavalier, i have spent 19,600 something, repairing it so far, yes, nearly 20 grand of repairs for this 15 grand car. WHYdo u ask,well i don't know, BUT CAVALIERS ARE THE WORST CARS EVER!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S REALLY AN O.K. CAR
By MICHELLE HAPPY on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

I HAVE GOTTEN USE TO V-6,AUTOMATIC ENGINES,BUT FOR A 4 CYL.-IT REALLY RUNS SMOOTH. ONCE YOU START MOVING, IT'S VERY QUIET AND EXTREMELY FUEL EFFECIENT AND I ONLY PAID $1500 FOR IT.

cav
By fdaklf on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car is well worth the value. I strongly suggest it.

Great car for the price
By pmlinn on 03/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

Purchased the car in 1996 because I need a work car. Bought new and have had little or no real problems with the car. After 97500 miles, the brakes did need done and that was it. Can't complain one bit. A fine GM product.

My Cavilier
By Mikeh on 11/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

I am 46 Years Old and this is by far the best car I have ever owned! It has 200,000 Miles on It and is still going strong. The two biggest drawbacks about the Cavilier are the interior Plastic door panels, dash parts etc. (which break and crack from normal use) and the Air Conditioning system which devolped more leaks than any car I have owned! The repair on the A/C System would cost more than the vehicle value. But it does keep going and going!

Cavaliers are BAD buys
By Molly on 10/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

Everything has gone wrong with this car in the past year. From the motor mounts to the rack in the rack and pinion steering to the struts.

Not what it's cracked up to be
By Scrubb on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new. Immediately the interior trim started to rattle, which I can't stand. Soon after, the interior trim started to fall apart including the center armrest lid, seat trim and finally the seat itself. I found that the paint job chipped and scratched very easily. It didn't seem thick enough. The muffler began a strange and bothersome rattling at only 25k. The head gasket failed at about 50k and the water pump failed at about 55k.