Used 2014 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Thanks Edmunds for the Deal
By RegRock

2014 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe LS 2dr Coupe w/1LS (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I saw the car on Edmunds at a low cost and only 11,000 miles. Still can't believe the value for an incredible car. Darcars of Marlowe Heights honored the Edmunds deal and I purchased my dream car within 2 hours.

Fun Ride!
By darkvictory

2014 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe LT 2dr Coupe w/1LT (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have an automatic with the paddle shifting. The car is great fun but I agree, the blind spots are considerable. I've learned to position the car to overcome them when turning. I have no issue when driving as the mirrors fine. Lots of power for a v6. I get 22-23 city gas mileage and do most of my driving in the city so I'm quite pleased. The car is comfortable on long drives with good back support. I consider mine a 2 seater because no one would be comfortable sitting behind me. Very tight in the back. Trunk opening is oddly small but trunk space is super! Only regret is that I didn't get a manual transmission. A bit throatier. This car doesn't rumble much.

Comfort Style Power Really fun to drive!

Make it so that it has a throatier sound. Different mufflers or resonators perhaps.

1LE 2SS/RS Is a Civilized Beast Daily Driver
By effirsay

2014 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe SS 2dr Coupe w/2SS (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Purchased my 2014 1LE with the dual mode exhaust and Recaro seats, after looking at Mustang GTs, M3s, and 370Zs. Wanted a car that was fun to drive, comfortable, reliable, and good looking. This car was the best bang for the buck, for me, and a set of winter tires let me continue to enjoy it in the winter months. It is also one of the safest and most reliable performance cars out there. Finally, the 1LE package is fairly rare, and really improves the performance and stance of the car. Really stands out at work in a parking lot full of gray, boring Japanese and German sedans.

Engine, drivetrain and exhaust. This car is quick, and snarls and pops when you are driving aggressively, and mutes to a civilized burble when you are not. The suspension, brakes and wheel/tire setup are where this car stands out. It will corner with anything short of a super car, and is a reliable weekend track or autocross toy (way more fun than golf). Love the look of the 2014 front end, and the 1LE hood wrap looks good now and can be easily removed if I tire of it. Finally, the Recaro seats are a perfect blend of comfort, quality materials, and support.

The interior design and materials are not the best in the business, but hardly as objectionable as many claim. Outward visibility is a bit compromised, but can be largely overcome with proper mirror placement and seat adjustment. I don't like the taillight treatment on the '14s; I actually preferred the previous model year treatments. Biggest issue is the weight and size of the car, which may be corrected with the 2016 model year shift to the new Cadillac ATS platform. Any other "improvements" I might consider are available from a large community of aftermarket providers. Owners seem to really individualize these cars.

I was so happy to finally have my Camaro then...
By 46chevy2

2014 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe LT 2dr Coupe w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Don't buy this car unless you can tolerate the unnerving sound and motion of gasoline sloshing back and forth at ever start and stop! It is like a swimming pool is in your trunk. The dealership solution is to sell you a different model car. GM refusing to recognize the problem documented on many blogs and chat sites. The Gas Tank needs better internal baffling and or sound deadening. Suggestions have been turn the radio up but when I have a Sport car want to listen to the engine not explosive liquid bouncing around in my gas tank.

We saved since 2010 to buy our new 2014 Camaro RS and it was a great day .

Style, performance, and road stance.

Improved gas tank internal baffles to prevent the free movement of gasoline. Improved sound deadening.

This is a sweet ride!
By mountainguy65

2014 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe LS 2dr Coupe w/1LS (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Well, I'm past my mid-life crisis and in my mid 50's. I've had some very nice sports cars over the years, from a '78 Trans Am to a 350Z. With my desire to go really fast changed to just fast and fun, this car is a hit.
Mine is Hot Red with white stripes and it looks amazing! The V6 has plenty of power and having a manual again is pure joy. The only problem I've had is that my wife and daughter want to go everywhere in my car. On weekends, my car is the only one that moves. Then again, that's the joy of owning a car this sweet.

The look of the car is beautiful. I love the manual transmission. The satellite radio is a blast. I keep it on B.B. King's Blues. OnStar is great too. Bluetooth is a great feature considering that talking on a cell while driving is a primary offence here.

Let's be honest, this car isn't for everyone. There are choices to be made and using common sense is never a bad idea. If you have kids or like to bring big items back from shopping, you'll be a frustrated person. This is a sports car with all of the good and bad. Personally, I love it just the way it is.