2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS - Consumer Reviews

2SS 6.2L V8 6-speed Manual - (65 reviews )
Paint chipping very easily
By Sunnygirl1122 on 08/01/10 13:25 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Wow, I love this car! We have never owned anything that is as wonderful as our Camaro. Unfortunately, the paint is not a great quality. We have more chips on this car then we do on the 2005 Kia that we own. We have only put 1600 miles on it since February and there is paint chipping all over the doors, fenders and front end. I am very disappointed about this. We are actually going to have to have the car repainted. It would be one thing if we live out in the boondocks.. but we don't. Highway miles only. Come on Chevy help us out here. :) Love the car, hate the paint.

Update
By c192ps on 07/10/10 07:24 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I have now had 3 weeks to drive the car and it rocks. If you can drive without putting your foot in to all the time, the mileage will surprise you mine was saying 26 combined highway and city on my commute. But even when you put your foot in to it, the mileage is not that bad when you compare it to the older muscle cars back in the day. If you don't like talking to strangers DON'T BUY THIS CAR, because it is like everyone has something to say or ask about this car. the back seat is suited to kid and not adults,when you add the baby seat the passenger is limited but still usable.

The experience
By Larry Kurbatoff on 06/06/10 17:42 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Several days after we purchased our Camaro SS, we went on a road trip through Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and Arkansas. Wherever we went, people complimented this car. Several said the car looked "fast" while parked. We utilized both auto and manual and wow, does this Camaro move. The instruments are easy to read, the inside lights are a delight and everything else is located on the steering wheel-no need to reach out for something. I really wanted to push it to about 120 to 130 mph, but mostly stayed under a 100. I am 69 and my wife is 70 and, for us, this is a real kick!

My wife loves her bee
By meanolhubby on 05/28/10 07:02 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Let me preface: I'm not the primary driver. We have had a blast with the car since we bought it, though we have to keep a close eye on the speedometer. The 19 mpg in city is no surprise, but we drove from Omaha to Atlanta and got almost 29.5 mpg on every tank (91 octane or higher). We have driven it through snow and ice (though not on those P- zero tires) and had no issues; the vehicle weight, positraction, and traction control systems kept us on the road with very little problem. The car grabs attention wherever you go, and you just have to smile.

What a ride!
By Oldcar on 05/26/10 00:02 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Best muscle car I've ever owned. It was well worth the wait. Chevy hit the nail on the head. I had the dealership paint gloss black rally stripes with the exact footprint of the factory stickers. I also had the Corsa performance exhaust installed at the dealership. The Silver Ice Metallic with the gloss black stripes looks stunning and the LS3 motor sounds absolutely wicked under hard acceleration. Given the reaction the car gets from teenagers who see it, the Camaro is most likely breeding a new generation of car guys. When these hit the used car lots they are going to be snapped up by youngsters who can't afford a new one right now. Do yourself a favor...test drive one.

Who cares about gas mileage?
By Jeff in Utah on 05/22/10 21:48 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I haven't figured out my mileage after 1500 miles, and I don't intend to. I bought this car because I liked muscle cars in the 70's and this one feels like that. Fast, and solid. And boy does it turn heads! It's like driving the Batmobile! I put ground effects on the orange and black monster, and little kids come running up to the street yelling, "NICE CAR" at me. Middle aged guys in mini-vans lean out their windows as I go buy, waiving their arms in the, "I'm not worthy" motion. My wife gets tried of having to spend an extra ten minutes every where we stop to talk to the crowd of people that come up to ask about the car. It's not just a car, it's a whole, experience.

First empressions
By flyby991@gmail.com on 05/14/10 02:11 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Chevy got it right for once, a quality car and not a cheap knock off. I first drove the new mustang and it felt like my arms were too short, with the Camaro you don't have reach for the wheel. the power is incredible, it may be a bit tall geared but the motor makes up for that. The low end torque is good but the motor really wakes up from 4k on. It has the feel of the old muscle cars, which I thought the government too away long ago. American iron is back!

Beast of a Car
By SAMHEFRAG on 05/12/10 16:38 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've had my Camaro 2SS for a little over a week and put over 1000 miles on it. It's a blast to drive, corners phenomenally for such a heavy car, and for a V8 is getting acceptable gas mileage. The interior is what I wanted, no frills with a handful of nice amenities. If you are looking to get this car, you shouldn't care about the fuel economy, the previously mentioned cheaper plastics, or the lack of a color screen for GPS. It's a 426 HP V8 sports car with 420 lb/ft of torque to lay some rubber down on the ground and look in your rear view mirror at the cars you just passed.

Bad Paint on great car
By Mike Workman on 05/09/10 15:35 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

The paint on my yellow camaro is chipping off on both sides between the rear tires and the door. Contacted Chevrolet customer support and reported the problem. They will not buy the car back as I requested and do not know if they will even fix it. The Dealer will not stand behind the product either. Dealer and factory do call me back but have not stood up to the problem. Beware of failing paint!

2010 Camaro 2SS - V8 - 6 Speed Manual
By Brandon32172 on 05/05/10 09:42 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

What an awesome car! I love this car. Everywhere I go people stare, admire, and comment about this beautiful car. This car is fun to drive and feels great on the road. The powerful 426hp V-8 is throaty but quiet in the cabin. The Pirelli P-Zero tires stick to the road like glue; even in the rain. It has a surprisingly comfortable ride even when driving on rough roads after a bad NY winter. The leather seats are attractive, comfortable, and hold you well while driving. The interior design and lighting (top of door panels light up as well) is fun and stylish. I actually saved $300/year on car insurance going from a 2004 Maxima?!?

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2ss in VA is:

$137 per month*