Used 1996 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Really nice car, but has problems...
By cabe7

1996 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Coupe

I got my camaro as my first car about and a half years ago... The previous owner didn't take care of the car, which caused problems for me. There was a lot of things that needed to be replaced, AC, Transmission, 02 sensors, water pump, and the egr valve. I was able to drive the car for a year without problems. However, when I started college, I was driving 30 miles to and from school everyday. That's when the car started to give me problems. The car overheated 4 times within 2 months, and each time it was something different that caused it. Replaced the thermostat, hose and radiator. Other minuscule things like leaky t-tops and broken console henge. The car has some design flaws.

T-top, power, and the appearance is just great.

this model was expensive and hard to work on. Hopefully the 09 camaro will be more refined...

camaro v6
By mike

1996 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Coupe

All and all i must say it was another low quality GM product. I bought the car at 80,000 miles, and had it untill it tanked out around 96,000 miles. During that time, it was broken down more than it ran. Always something, id fix one thing and something else would go wrong. When it did run performance was not what it should have been. My scion and integra are much more fun to drive. The v6 was quick enough for daily driving, but dont expect to win any races. The car was a decent looking car minus the ugly stock rims. The t-tops were cool, and i LOVED the interior. By far the best interior of any car i ever owned. It came stock 2 tone black and red inside.

Interior...awesome 2 done black and red felt much more expensive. T tops

Everything else....engine stinks, reliability stinks, not enough power, fuel economy stinks, always broken down.

Camaros Rule
By Derek

1996 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Convertible

I have had a 3.8 V6 Camaro since june when I graduated. It's t-topped and the best ride I have ever owned. I have cold air intake, loud dual exhaust, and high performance tires. It is also chipped out to 255 hp. This car is fast. I would definitely recomend this car to anybody wanting a nice ride to cruise town with.

Premium sound, dual exhaust, runs great

Dash is a little cracked, one door speaker is out

Can't say goodbye yet!
By Equine

1996 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Coupe

Bought this beautiful dark green/beige interior Camaro new in 1996. Yes, that was 12 years ago! Only 116,000 miles on it and engine/transmission still going strong with never a breakdown. Since it was garaged at home, the paint looks brand new. Original plug wires were recalled about 2002 in the same week it acted up. No mechanical repairs-only tow different leaks and normal wear and tear parts. Only thing I am unhappy with is an oil leak that started by the 3rd year and was never fixed. (Got tired of going to the dealership-not where I bought this car). Even though I am now car shopping--I still have no plans to sell it. Plan to have it worked on /updated etc and just be my "play car".

Exterior and interior design, Great pick up for a V6, Surprising hauling/cargo capacity with back seat down, factory stereo system that still sounded great 90% of the time until a repair shop(someone backed into it in a parking lot)ruined it last yr-probably while water testing that area for leaks.

Better oil seals, Better headlights for night driving since sitting low, you are right at other cars' headlight level, especially with so many suvs out there.

Amazing!
By Jesse

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

I just bought this car from a private owner. It has the tune-port eninge making it somewhat rare since in '96 they started using the Vor-tec engine. I love this car. It is the best car to ever be built! Keep it up Chevy!

Styling, handling, engine (only the V8 of course), American muscle baby!

Start making them again!