1996 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
My First Muscle Car
By droberts on 11/10/04 11:38 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

This is my first V-8... I've owned a Honda Accord, Acura Integra, and Infinti I30t... I was ready to try something radically different. The Camaro has been very fun.. I love the Power and the T-Tops. Doesn't have the build quality of the other cars I've owned, but my other cars a lot more $$$ to buy. This car makes lots of odd noises... but if you push the gas pedal the cool sound of the V-8 drowns out all the other noises. I've had one consistent problem with the car, which the dealer and other mechanics have been unable to resolve... the power is uneven on light engine load conditions... If It weren't for this problem I'd probably be in love with this car.

Sad to see the ol' girl go
By Princess Pamela on 09/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Coupe

I bought my car right after college and it has seen me through the years. It has been the best! No problems other than usual wear and tear...water pump, alternator, plugs, window motor, front spoiler. I highly recommend it for anyone who loves an affordable, fun sporty car. I have decided to buy an SUV because of the nature of my job- having to transport bulky computers, etc... I would keep her til' she fell apart if not. No one can believe the car is a '96...it still looks that good!

Good Bye-Old Friend
By coastalp on 07/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Coupe

This week, I must get rid of my baby. I've put 175K miles on her. I lived thru her recall for the front spoiler and many repairs that were covered b/c I was smart enough to have bought the extended warranty. But, I'll NEVER buy another GM car b/c I had to spend so much time arguing about coverage. The girls loved my baby. She still gets a "Hey man, nice car" even after 8+ yrs. I'll miss her. She was a blast to drive. She needs a new rear end, brakes, windows motors, interior stitching and other cosmetics that I can't justify the investment. I'm gonna miss her.

my z28
By Beave2780 on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

I bought my z28 four years ago after selling my 1988 iroc-z. The performance gains from the z28 and the iroc is unbelievable. Low 13 teens in 1/4 mile with mods (borla catback,K&n intake,3.73 gears). I love my car but now i want a SS.

Great fun car
By Black Magic on 04/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Convertible

After owning a Corvette coupe this was a big change. It is definitily a must have car. There is power everywhere on the tach. Basically a 4 seat Corvette.

Love the car!
By AmBeR on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

A 1996 Z28 Hatchback Camaro is a great car! The car hugs the curves so your back end doesn't drift. It just really makes you feel like you're in control.

Been great for me!
By GhostTX on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new in 1996, V6-3.8L. Have logged 156K miles on it so far. Its been a great car. Typcial wear and tear on it (water pump, power steering pump, a/c compressor so far). Rear axle had to be replaced at 70K as it had some bad bearings. Something other buyers may want to look at. Solid car though, and I've been happy to own it.

1996 chevy camaro V6
By bergman on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Coupe

Good overall car. I have owned it for about 2 and 1/2 years, and only had one major problem. The slave cylinder in the transmission and clutch went out at out 90,000 miles.

Camaro, Ya gotta get one
By Z Camaro Man on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro 2dr Coupe

This is the best car ive ever owned. Everywhere i go i turn heads, and the car is already 5 years old. the ttops are awsome to take off in the summer, and the car will get the ladies;)trust me. By far the best car in the world for the money

EXCELLENT CAR, GREAT PERFORMANCE
By Loogie on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2dr Coupe

I love my 96 Z28, no problems at all. Extremely fun to drive, very fast!! Mustangs don't stand a chance. Great performance for the price. Comfortable interior/leather bucket seats.