2010 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
A Good Little Car
By mbee19 on 06/21/13 10:34 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my 2010 Chevy Aveo for 3 years now (I bought it new) and I love it. Yeah, it's not powerful and it's not the most beautiful thing on the road but I don't think it's any uglier than the rest of these new, weird looking vehicles. I like the interior, it's plenty roomy enough, I've done a couple cross country moves with me, my husband and three dogs (and all our stuff). It's super efficient, which is the most important to me. I can't afford $80 - $100 + a week to get around. I can fill up for about $40 and that gets me almost 300 miles. It's never ever given me any problems, except the driver's seat fabric has a rip from wear and tear, I guess. Make sure to change the oil, it'll last.

good deal for the price
By garryman2 on 05/24/13 06:41 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used with 48 thousand on it. It has a 1.6 liter engine. No engine repair has been needed. I was surprised by how roomy this compact car is. I get the mpg that was advertised. The car handles well. The 100 thousand 5 year powertrain warranty and rust protection warranty are big pluses that attracted me to purchase. This car is very basic with no frills like power locks or windows, blue tooth, cruise control, or GPS. The stereo system is average. The exterior design to me looks sleek. I would recommend this car to my friends.

can I take this one back
By pgana on 03/05/12 13:50 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this one based off of my understanding of it's gas mileage and reliability. The first one I am good with as I get 26 MPG at my job and 38 Highway, especially coming off of owning an SUV, but my happiness stops there. The reliability on this is horrible, I have had it in the shop 3 times since I bought it in June. The interior design is very lousy too, can not find much of anything positive about that neither, especially the idea of the so called dome light, perhaps in the worst location I can think of for a dome light. the doors are very poorly built and very flimsy. and horribly noisy too. Lousy factory stereo system.

wish i could trade
By kat427 on 01/10/12 17:15 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My aveo i had now for a year and a half . had sparks changed, all four tires are now bad and pr oblems with going up a hill. Sounds awful in morning ..wish i would have done a better job of looking around

What a deal!
By SoCalMarine on 11/25/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in Los Angeles for $8795 brand new. $9600 out the door. You just can't beat the value. As for the gas mileage, I drove round trip from San Diego to Lake Tahoe and got a consistent 34-35 mpg. I have noticed a sharp decline when city driving more like 25-29. People need to rate this car by its VALUE. If you are paying $10k for a new car you cant expect it to look or preform like a $30k. But for the price this car has far exceeded my expectations. Perfect eco car or commuter.

Shift lock problems
By dj morse on 07/11/10 15:03 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Problems after 1 month with shift lock on automatic gear handle. Cannot get car out of park.

Great Car for the Money!
By louise on 06/20/10 11:09 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Okay so there are not many vehicles out there that you can buy new for the price that you pay for the Aveo.If you want a nicer vehicle for the same price tag then you better look in the pre-owned section and chance purchasing a car that someone else might of dogged.The Aveo's interior was a surprise to me, it was way more comfortable than I thought it would be. yes I purchased a 2LT so obviously trim level will have some type of factor but I test drove an LS and the interior wasn't bad either.My boyfriend weighs about 270LBs and is tall and he stated himself that he sits in comfort.The Aveo I purchased did come with armrests without extra cost to me, and lastly I feel secure when driving it.

Poor passenger comfort
By D on 08/27/09 23:11 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had the vehicle for 3 weeks and wish we would not have gotten it. There is 1 cup holder in the back for your passengers (anyone with kids know that's not going to work very well.) There is no arm rest in the front passengers seat or in the back. The one in the front can be purchased at an additional charge of course. The mirrors have a strange reflection in them, You feel like your looking through a glass filled with water. The fabric is about as cheap as you can get its already got little fuzzies on the seats & its got less than 200 miles on it. There is very little storage in this car. I Wish there was a 30 day satisfaction return on vehicles, this one would have been returned!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan in VA is:

$128 per month*