Hope they improved it.
By Gary Z on
2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
Car is too light to drive at Atlanta interstate commute speeds - tires squeal at normal I-20 speeds or in ANY crosswind - had dealer check it out, and he admitted that the car's weight is the problem. The Kumho 722's began hydroplaning in normal rain at < 30k miles, replaced with Generals, hydroplaning problem fixed, but still wants to leave road at Interstate speed. Had right headlight fail at 18 mos old - 'way too soon for something like that. Then had HVAC blower fan motor blow its resistor after only 7 mos on road, and again at 18 mos on road, before they figured out that the motor was the problem, not fuses and resistors.
Favorite Features
I drive a lot, so I wanted a 'throw away' commuter car. Price, fuel economy (I avg 32 mpg) and interior ergonomics make it an ideal candidate for this.
Suggested Improvements
I realize the great mileage is due to being light weight, but seriously, it shouldn't be threatening to leave the road with a mild cross-BREEZE or at 70 mph. The car needs to be lowered or some sort of air dam needs to be added. I would not let my teenage kid drive this car.