2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Consumer Reviews 6

2005 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

2005 Aveo Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
2005 aveo
By m wade

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Aveo. I picked bright yellow with the spoiler on the back and it looks super sporty. It is great when I go shopping. Ijust open the hatchback and voila. It is easy to wash since it is not a huge SUV, 30 minutes tops. I get a lot of looks going down the road and lots of compliments and questions. My kids love it too. I love the gas mileage it gets. I can drive to JFK on a full tank and back. It's an awesome little car.

Favorite Features

It's easy to park, easy to wash and dry. It's pretty fast going up hill. I love all the features it has like bigger sedans.

Suggested Improvements

No middle back up light on the rear windshield since it takes away from the view, through the rear view mirror.

What a great little car
By Cactus

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Aveo LS about 3 months now and all I can say is WOW! What a great little car. Handles beautifully, quiet, comfortable, and suprisingly quick. It's an aqua color, and it really stands out. I get looks and questions about it all the time. Living in rural Iowa, people come up to me and their first question is usually, "what is that?" I love it GM! Keep up the good work.

Favorite Features

The room, comfort, handling, fuel economy, and quickness.

Suggested Improvements

I can see a need for a driver's side arm rest, and a cruise control option

Big car Little Bucks
By busdriver

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the stripped down hatchback to save gas and wear and tear on my Wrangler. My wife had hers for a week when I decided I needed one like hers. While she has put 3000 miles going to town and back with the grandkids, I have over 7000 miles already commuting. We paid $8950 each for them, and so far, no problems whatever. I love the roomy interior and ergonomics. Plenty of power on the freeway, with a ride like a much more expensiver car. When and if I use this one up, I will definitly get another.

Favorite Features

Gauges easy to read, fold down rear seats, 35+ mpg on the highway, positive handling even in stiff winds, comfortable seats

Suggested Improvements

None

Perfect first car!
By Miranda

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first car (I'm 22) and I love it! Fuel economy is excellent, and it provides a good drive. For a small car it can be quite zippy when you want it to be. It's easy to coax into high speeds for highway driving. The air conditioning is fast to cool you down in 90+ heat, and in Texas, you need that. I've fit some tall friends in the back comfortably, and everybody loves it. Plus it's just uber cute, and the Aveo has the best color selection, way better then the Ford Focus or Toyota Echo.

Favorite Features

MPG is great, easy to drive (auto. at least ), awesome colors, nice interior, very easy to speed in

Suggested Improvements

Kinda wish the CD player controls were bigger. Definitely wish the night lights were automatic like on other Chevy vehicles. The back windshield wiper is a little loud.

Right Choice
By Bobbi

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

As a semi-handicapped, eighty year old woman on limited income, I could not be more happy with this choice as far as ease of getting in and out, mileage, and reliability. Its appearance is in keeping with the much more expensive cars that I'm used to and can no longer afford. My only criticisms are that it will not accommodate towing and at any speed over seventy five. It wants to take off and fly and is susceptible to buffeting from large vehicles and heavy winds. All things considered, I would rate this a 9+ for what it is meant to be. In my lifetime I have owned and driven over eight different makes and types of vehicles over 2 million miles and taught driver's education, and I recommend this car highly!

Favorite Features

Interior roominess; mileage; appearance; price

Suggested Improvements

Ability to attach trailer hitch to tow small trailer (for wheelchair, etc.); cruise control; gutters to attach roof rack and catch rain drips

Aveo
By arthur cook

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Seats are very comfortable. Sound system is good. It's fun to drive. Paint job is excellent. Ours is grey and pretty. We love the design of the back of the car. Ample room to store groceries. We are very satisfied!

Favorite Features

Back of car.

Suggested Improvements

Shifting mechanism.

Fun to drive
By joe

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car on Nov 17th last year, and now have over 36,000 miles on it and have not had any problems at all. I am 6'1" and a big guy but have plenty of room in the Aveo. Great looking well made car, even though it's really a Daewoo!!

Favorite Features

The fold down rear seats

Suggested Improvements

Bigger gas tank, to add some miles to the cruising range

A great small car with much potential!
By Buddy

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I replaced a 98 4-dr Metro (60000 miles)with this Aveo LT model with auto trans and all the options (MP3 radio, 6 speaker system, anti-lock brakes, etc.). The difference is night and day. This is a car that can be modified to satisfy several markets. Make a few cosmetic changes in the front, add a stronger drivetrain and sportier interior and this car will appeal to the younger crowd that wants a new car with style, but one that doesn't cost a lot of cash. The ride is smooth and quiet, and the engine is sufficiently strong, light years ahead of the old Metro model. GM has a real winner in this model!

Favorite Features

Fun to drive. Well constructed with excellent fit and finish. Tilt wheel is nice, but cruise would be a definite "plus". Auto trans performs perfectly, and I really like the rear lift gate. Also, visability is great. GM can do a lot with this model if it gets creative.

Suggested Improvements

Most Important...Add Cruise control and a center arm rest up front. An upscale computerized information center would be a nice option, as well as leather interior and electric seats (heated). Also, add a auto-dimming inside rear-view mirror option.

Excellent Value for the money
By Sam

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

At 1 1/2 months old with 2,100 miles on my Aveo, I've found I really enjoy driving this tight well built little compact with the big car room inside. Acceleration, handling, braking, ride quality, economy of operation, quietness while underway, and even the quality of the radio are first rate. My only niggling complaint is that the cover for the passenger air bag rattles, & I'm sure this will be an easy fix for the dealer when I go in for the first oil-filter change.

Favorite Features

Comfort, 1st & 2nd gear pickup, quietness, roominess, slot car handling, smooth ride quality

Suggested Improvements

2.2 liter 145hp Ecotec engine option to rule the compact performance market.

My Kalos!
By limee

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Got a great deal on this little car which is one I had been researching for a while now. It was the Aveo or the Scion Xa. The Aveo won out on price. Have owned a number of GMs in the past with lousy build quality and reliability. This is a Daewoo and appears to be well put together with tight seems and no sqeaks/ rattles, etc. It is a blast to drive, especially in the city where it excels. It's amazingly quiet at speed after it has been wound up, and cruises comfortably at 80 with minimal fuss. Not that impressed with the fuel economy at 27 MPG (I get that from my V6 Honda Accord and feel the push in the back of the seat!) It makes me feel like I'm living in London again. The size is ideal.

Favorite Features

Ideal city size. No problems getting a parking space. Suspension is soft and comfortable and compliant. Italian design

Suggested Improvements

Better quality sound system. Center arm rest. Cruise control, better fuel economy