2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
What a great little car
By Cactus on 06/07/05 02:23 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Aveo LS about 3 months now and all I can say is WOW! What a great little car. Handles beautifully, quiet, comfortable, and suprisingly quick. It's an aqua color, and it really stands out. I get looks and questions about it all the time. Living in rural Iowa, people come up to me and their first question is usually, "what is that?" I love it GM! Keep up the good work.

Big car Little Bucks
By busdriver on 06/02/05 22:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the stripped down hatchback to save gas and wear and tear on my Wrangler. My wife had hers for a week when I decided I needed one like hers. While she has put 3000 miles going to town and back with the grandkids, I have over 7000 miles already commuting. We paid $8950 each for them, and so far, no problems whatever. I love the roomy interior and ergonomics. Plenty of power on the freeway, with a ride like a much more expensiver car. When and if I use this one up, I will definitly get another.

Perfect first car!
By Miranda on 05/30/05 20:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first car (I'm 22) and I love it! Fuel economy is excellent, and it provides a good drive. For a small car it can be quite zippy when you want it to be. It's easy to coax into high speeds for highway driving. The air conditioning is fast to cool you down in 90+ heat, and in Texas, you need that. I've fit some tall friends in the back comfortably, and everybody loves it. Plus it's just uber cute, and the Aveo has the best color selection, way better then the Ford Focus or Toyota Echo.

Right Choice
By Bobbi on 05/22/05 13:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

As a semi-handicapped, eighty year old woman on limited income, I could not be more happy with this choice as far as ease of getting in and out, mileage, and reliability. Its appearance is in keeping with the much more expensive cars that I'm used to and can no longer afford. My only criticisms are that it will not accommodate towing and at any speed over seventy five. It wants to take off and fly and is susceptible to buffeting from large vehicles and heavy winds. All things considered, I would rate this a 9+ for what it is meant to be. In my lifetime I have owned and driven over eight different makes and types of vehicles over 2 million miles and taught driver's education, and I recommend this car highly!

Aveo
By arthur cook on 05/22/05 09:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Seats are very comfortable. Sound system is good. It's fun to drive. Paint job is excellent. Ours is grey and pretty. We love the design of the back of the car. Ample room to store groceries. We are very satisfied!

Fun to drive
By joe on 04/29/05 00:08 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car on Nov 17th last year, and now have over 36,000 miles on it and have not had any problems at all. I am 6'1" and a big guy but have plenty of room in the Aveo. Great looking well made car, even though it's really a Daewoo!!

A great small car with much potential!
By Buddy on 04/22/05 23:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I replaced a 98 4-dr Metro (60000 miles)with this Aveo LT model with auto trans and all the options (MP3 radio, 6 speaker system, anti-lock brakes, etc.). The difference is night and day. This is a car that can be modified to satisfy several markets. Make a few cosmetic changes in the front, add a stronger drivetrain and sportier interior and this car will appeal to the younger crowd that wants a new car with style, but one that doesn't cost a lot of cash. The ride is smooth and quiet, and the engine is sufficiently strong, light years ahead of the old Metro model. GM has a real winner in this model!

Excellent Value for the money
By Sam on 04/17/05 17:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

At 1 1/2 months old with 2,100 miles on my Aveo, I've found I really enjoy driving this tight well built little compact with the big car room inside. Acceleration, handling, braking, ride quality, economy of operation, quietness while underway, and even the quality of the radio are first rate. My only niggling complaint is that the cover for the passenger air bag rattles, & I'm sure this will be an easy fix for the dealer when I go in for the first oil-filter change.

My Kalos!
By limee on 04/08/05 21:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Got a great deal on this little car which is one I had been researching for a while now. It was the Aveo or the Scion Xa. The Aveo won out on price. Have owned a number of GMs in the past with lousy build quality and reliability. This is a Daewoo and appears to be well put together with tight seems and no sqeaks/ rattles, etc. It is a blast to drive, especially in the city where it excels. It's amazingly quiet at speed after it has been wound up, and cruises comfortably at 80 with minimal fuss. Not that impressed with the fuel economy at 27 MPG (I get that from my V6 Honda Accord and feel the push in the back of the seat!) It makes me feel like I'm living in London again. The size is ideal.

Great Commuter Auto
By slogger on 03/26/05 12:52 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned the Aveo for several months. My city gasoline consumption is 29.3mpg. No mechanical problems so far. I paid a bit over $11K. The radio/CD is OK, but not great. Handling is quick at less than 45mph but a touch vague at freeway speeds. I purchased this auto because it was inexpensive. I also looked at the VW Golf Diesel and Honda Civic Hybrid. The Aveo provides many of the same features for $10K less...and that, in my mind, makes up for the lower fuel economy.