Used 2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 89 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Not Quite Sure
By agrzeskowiak

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I fell in love with this car before I bought it. Was told it was 1 of a few that were painted key lime green from the factory. After driving it for about a month maybe 2 it seems to feel like something is bent somewhere. Car seems to have vibrations and interior door handles are loose. As also the black appliques on the rear doors is buckling. I have gone back to the dealership in May of 06 to get these fixed they are still ordering parts and have not heard from them.

I love the color!

Aveos Rock
By Aveo-Luvr

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The Aveo is much more spacious than it initially looks. Even though it is the most inexpensive model, it rides very smoothly and you don't hear every crack in the road. It is the first new auto I have ever owned and I recommend it to anyone commuting or even as a first car. They are inexpensive, the insurance is inexpensive, and they get great gas mileage. They have a lot of get-up-and-go for such a small engine. I love my AVEO!!!

1.Roomy interior 2.Style/colors 3.Fun to drive 4. Fits in tiny parking spots!

Air conditioning in all models.

Awesome for the price
By M Henry

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I like this little car. I've got rabbits, and if I go on trips with them the carriers fit well in the back seat without giving up too much front legroom. My wife is a bit heavy, and I can feel the handling difference when she's in the car, but it's not bad at all. Me and a buddy of mine run time trials through a little curvy section of road and it feels pretty tight at 45 and you never feel like you're going to roll. I could complain about the mileage, but I figure it's less to fill up than my co-workers that drive big trucks everyday so it's not bad. I drive a little rough on it but still get a decent 27-28 mpg.

Comfy seats, tilt steering, back seats fold up to make a flat area.

Could use a bit more underslung cargo space in trunk. Also, the rear wiper could use a timer, and cruise control would be nice.

Great little car
By Tara

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I got my car in September of 2005 and I now have almost 19,000 miles on it. I really love to drive this car and it's great for both in-town and long distance driving. Great gas mileage. The only problem I have had is defroster noise...and only when it's really cold. There's a lot of room in the car despite its small size.

CD player, sunglass holder, covering for trunk in hatchback.

Fix the defroster noise.

I loved it...at first
By loreeb18

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 92 Metro that I loved. When it broke, I got a new 2005 Aveo. I thought it was cute and fun to drive. I didn't have a lot of problems at first. But in the past couple months, I had to get my lock bezzle replaced, my fan blower motor was replaced once and is back in again for the same problem, and there's a crack in my brake system (which is why I've had to refill the brake fluid 3 times in 14 months). My car has been at the dealership for 2 weeks now and I'm still waiting to get it back.

Cute look, bright color (I have spicy orange), fun to drive, inexpensive, easy to park

Fix the problems that I've mentioned having -- brake system, fan blower motor