2005 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Aveo Rocks
By goody on 02/28/05 17:51 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The car is an amazing little beast. It may not have a lot of power, but come on, it's a 4 cylinder. It has plenty for its size. Lots of room for bigger people. Especially leg and head room. I never feel cramped when riding in it.

A Fun Ride
By Kristina on 02/17/05 22:03 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The Aveo my first brand new car! I bought it 1/2/05 in Tampa Florida and proceeded to drive it to Detroit Michigan, 1306 miles! It drove well on the freeway holding it's own with the big rigs and taking the mountains very well for a 4 cylinder. Gas mileage on the highway was good about 30 MPG and city isn't too great 20-21 MPG, but it is winter here! My coworkers and friends love it. It has lots of interior room for such a compact car. I have been asked by strangers what it is and where I got it more than a few times, so I think it will be around a while. I traded in a Ford Aspire to get this car, so anyone used to small car driving should love it with the huge interior and user friendly dash. I really like this car! I think I overpaid by about $2,000 but I REALLY wanted it! So I got it and I do like it a lot, my first Chevy and I am thus far impressed!

Surprising "cheap" car
By MN driver on 02/16/05 19:29 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Having had a LOT of different cars (all price ranges including Lexus), I was looking for a real cheap drive to work car. The Aveo has proven so far to be a very acceptable ride. My only complaint is the choice of tires which do not provide much handling especially on ice/snow. The car starts in cold weather (below 0) is quiet has a good radio/ABS/Auto Trans and great interior space. It is a lot of car for the low price.

**GREAT VALUE**
By Denisenjeff on 02/08/05 19:34 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We just bought the 2005 Aveo with AC and got it for $8397.00, it was a fantastic deal. Best warranty out of all Chevy vehicles (that was a plus) We commute 100 miles RT to work and back and needed something CHEAP all around! CHEAP on fuel consumption and cheap to buy! Very good value for this car for sure.

I love my Aveo
By ClaiS on 02/04/05 23:09 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car!! I have had great luck with the car so far and when ever I have had any questions the dealorship was very quick to get the answers. The car is VERY FUN to drive and has incredible room inside, lots of leg room in the back.

Great Gas Mileage
By Hollswirth on 01/15/05 09:45 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car, it has get up and go,its roomy, the car looks very small on the outside, but on the inside its bigger. Its fun to drive, and I get great gas mileage with this car.

My Aveo
By Cheeky on 01/12/05 09:08 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Aveo! As soon as I saw that these were going to be coming out soon I just had to have one! It's great on gas, comfortable and very roomy. My husband is a big man and he has enough room for his long legs. I get great mileage and I just cant get over how good the car drives. I just can't say enough about my Aveo. I just hope more people buy them so they can experince the same.

I Love My New Aveo
By FRANNYWITCH on 01/05/05 09:22 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love my new Aveo. Itís comfortable, large, rides good, is quite, and the gas mileage is great.

Fuel economy and driving fun
By Randy Pilgrim on 01/04/05 18:26 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I needed a vehicle for a 120 mile daily commute and I wanted to start with a new vehicle for the warranty and safety and peace of mind. I have had the Aveo for over 3 months now and I am very happy with it. I just turned over ten thousand miles now, and the fuel mileage is now at 35 mpg, as advertised. The ride is excellent, handling is very good, and the interior room and quietness is good. I drive the interstate daily; itís a light car, so big trucks tend to blow it around a little when passing or following them. Itís also a car that demands a little more attention in rainy weather or very wet roads, I guess due to its light weight. I highly recommend this vehicle.

A base car for the commuter minded
By Stratford on 01/03/05 22:47 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The cabin is well thought out, and is roomy for an econobox, the controls easy to read and use, but pedals are too close to each other, and too small. Seats are roomy and have good side bolster, and are also height adjustable. The rear seats are high and ok for kids. Performance is what can be expected for 103 horses, but more than adequate for on ramps to the interstate. The trunk is plenty roomy and rear seats fold down. Style wise...well who cares this car is for commuting, and economy which in the city is about 30, and 40 mpg on the hwy. The Aveo is an economy car, and doesnít pretend to be anything but. Smart car, great in traffic, and at the gas pump. I got a new 04 with air, for $8300.