1997 Cadillac Seville Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Seville model:
Cadillac is the way to go
By Mrkayster on 08/09/10 19:49 PM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 97 Cadillac SLS used in '02 with 90k miles on it. It is now 2010 and has 160,000 miles and not 1 major repair has been needed. The only thing that was done was I've changed the shift solenoids in the trans twice at $500 per pop. That was the only problem I have had. I love this car and the reliability that she has given me.

Personal impressions
By Joe on 03/30/08 10:45 AM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

Considering overall cost and quality of the vehicle, I can't help but feel it more than holds its own in the luxury class of vehicles priced below $50k.

97 seville sls
By rbenjmn on 08/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

Great car- no problems yet-doesn go through a qt of oil between changes- recently took a trip to fl and back (2400miles) averaged 30.5 mpg.

what's up with cadilac
By mmooreII on 07/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

I purchested this car on the dealerships raiting of this auto and before I could make the first payment I had to pay out$90.00 for o2 sensor, and two weeks later the charcole filter $400.00. three weeks later the check light is on and a slight knocking shound, this car purchest used with 53000 miles,service maintance history good, whats up. I'm a sad cadilac owner.

Very disappointed
By Sunny daze on 05/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

Always viewed Cadillac as a great car, but this experience has convinced me I will never buy GM again. The struts failed before 70,000 and they are unbelievably expensive to replace; much more so than other "luxury" cars. The electrical system has caused numerous problems, the gasoline gauge cannot be trusted. Had I realized it was built so poorly, I certainly would have purchased an extended warranty. I can't even trade it in without loosing thousands of dollars.

love my Seville
By agalli on 04/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

This is my third Seville and they have all been great. Performance is terrific. When I press the gas pedal it goes right now! Interstate gas milage approaches 30 mpg!

Poor quality!
By jfletc on 03/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

It's astonishing that a $45,000.00 automobile could be built so poorly. I've had a pulsating brake problem that can't be fixed, at least not permanantly. The air conditioner compressor failed at 62,000. At 69,000 the engine comsume a quart of oil every 700 miles. I absolutely will never buy another GM automobile.

hot rod for old motorheads
By dancingbear on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

this is great. the northstar is very powerful.

97 Dream Machine
By Trav1172 on 08/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

What can I say? As a 6'5" 300lb man I have never found a veh as comfortable and fun to drive as my caddy. The 275hp Northstar engine is awsome

Great Car
By PAB on 04/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

The large 1997 and earlier Seville is a smooth operating machine that is fast and comfortable. The gas milage is excellent on the road and the car just floats along. The time to buy one of these cars is now because of the huge hit the market has had. The lower the miles the better. Remember however that at 100,000 miles the car is just due for its first tune-up. The only real weakness that I see is the need to replace some very high priced struts when the car reaches about 70k.