1999 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eldorado model:
Please help me save my baby!!!
By nitro2go on 04/11/13 10:43 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe

I recently bought a 99 El Dorado w/Northstar. I love it so very much,but, I didnt do my homework, now it needs an alternator, and I hear it will often, A new one is expensive! Can I get one with a heavier voltage regulator to avoid this problem? If not, I'm afraid Ill have to sell my baby. :{{{{{ signed very unhappy.

GREAT car, when it runs**
By jason91notch on 10/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe

I loved this car very much, and it was a blast to drive. the problem is, before 60,000 miles it needed an engine, and a transmission 10k later. I babied this car, followed the owners manual maintenance religiously, yet it was issue after issue. replaced the engine, transmission, alternator 3 times, ECM twice, and shocks, all before 70,000 miles. Also, thank GOD I had an aftermarket warranty, because the engine cost over $10,000 to replace, and the transmission cost 4,000$.

5 yr Owner
By Eldorado Lover... on 06/11/10 09:41 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe

I have owned my Eldorado now for 5 1/2 years and had a few problems with it, however it has been an amazing car to drive. Fast, fun, and comfortable. I would buy another one in a heart beat. it now has 141,000 and runs like a top. I would suggest to put synthetic oil in it though.

Big Red
By Scott on 03/03/08 04:59 AM (PST)

1999 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe

Thou I have only owned this amazing car for a short time I am total in love with it. Never thought I would own a Caddy that would out run a Mustang gt but I do. This car has a ton of power and it gets between 18 and 19 mpg. Its a very bold looking car to say the least and it really turns heads. I wish it had a sun roof and massaging seat but you cant have everything. Find any type of performence part is impossible for some reason there seems to be a lack of parts out there. I bought this car with 55,000 miles on it for $10,500. which is way over the book value but now am glad I did. The Bose stereo will not pick up and hold any radio stations I am starting to think it may need repaired.

Eldoraldo
By dale on 01/07/08 17:08 PM (PST)

1999 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe

It is the best car I ever owned. You have a hot rod and a classy car combined. You know how you go down the interstate and a big truck passes you from the other way and it shakes your car. Well this baby cuts thru it like a knife. It will keep up with or blow away just about anything on the road. For looks it is the best looking Caddy ever made. It was a big mistake to stop making the Eldoraldo. I get nothing but compliments everywhere I go. I will never get rid of my baby

Eldo Review
By Poulsbo Fats on 02/20/06 14:15 PM (PST)

1999 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe

I purchased my Cadillac Eldorado with 55,000 miles on it from its second owner who lives in Florida. The exterior color is Pearl White Tri-Coat. It has received many compliments already. I live in Washington state, so we have had a very wet winter and I have not really seen the car in the bright sunlight, but I'm sure it will dazzle. So far the car has measured up outstandingly, othern than for a few cosmetic interior things that I had to fix. The engine is smooth. Its average gas mileage is 20 mpg, which surprised me as I drive this car very aggressive. It has a rich throaty sound coming from the exhaust when I step on it! All the amenities work great, I love the heated leather seats and memory adjustments. I love my car!

Da bomb Caddy
By Chris203 on 02/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe

This car is a beautiful example of American luxury and power. This car is quick, it weighs alot, but it has enough power to beat most stock cars. The interior is very comfortable with leather and wood everywhere and a good Bose sound system (on the ETC). The Bose system is very clear, but it could use more bass. This car is also packed with technology, almost everything is automatic, wipers, lights, climate control, all you basically have to do is drive. I only had one problem so far, a dead battery, but that wasn't really a problem. I highly recommend this car to anyone who loves American muscle and luxury.

one
By piperlance on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe

Car handles extremely well with its low center of gravity, has amazing power with the Northstar engine, and has been maintenance free. Leather interior holds up to heavy usage.

ELDO'S FOREVER!
By MBO1146 on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe

THIS IS THE SECOND ELDO TC I'VE HAD IN PAST 5 YRS. BOTH ARE SUPERB MACHINES. USE KNOWLEDGABLE CERTIFIED MECH. FEW REPAIRS ON '94. TRADED UP TO A '99. GOT TOP DOLLAR FOR '94. '99 WAS HARD TO FIND. LOTS OF ELDOs ON THE ROAD BUT FEW FOR SALE. THOSE WHO HAVE THEM, KEEP THEM. NO LONGER IN PRODUCTION THE '01s AND '02s DEPRECIATE LITTLE. IN LONG RUN PRICES WILL GO UP. STYLISH, VERY COMFORTABLE, SUOER SOUND, AND TCs ARE VERY, VERY FAST (140 MPH+). SUPERB HANDLING W/RIGHT TIRES. SUSPENSION & INSULATION MAKE FOR SOO SMOOTH & QUIET. BIG ABS BRAKES DO THE JOB! WITH WAX NOTHING LOOKS BETTER. HIGH END GENTLEMAN'S SPORT COUPE.

Black Beauty!!!
By 939597etc on 05/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Touring 2dr Coupe

Beautiful automobile, fun to drive (especially, for such a large 'ride') and all the features you'd ever wish for. HOWEVER, General Motors/Cadillac should STILL work on their quality. I have owned several of these 'fine' automobile and will admit, there has been improvement. Although, not enough for the price and 'class' of this vehicle