2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DTS model:
It's so nice
By Duke on 02/04/10 09:47 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my 06 DTS as a program car with 17K on it. I've had it for over 3 years and I absolutely love it. My gas mileage on the highway nears 30 MPG. It's very comfortable and drives like a dream. The cooled seats are a blessing in the New Mexico summers. This is my 4th Caddy and I'll buy more.

NOT YOUR GRANDFATHER'S BOAT
By NORTHSTAR GUY on 10/20/09 07:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Just traded my 04 Deville - which I loved but wanted to upgrade. The 06 DTS is chock full of features and is tuned much differently than the previous model. Feels more Euro and has a throatier exhaust and more road feel. Seats are way more supportive. Solid as a rock though and is still a wonderful example of what makes big American cars different from the rest

Great Car
By judy on 02/01/09 11:12 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased this vehicle after having a 20002 Cadillac with only 60,000. Really liked the styling. A problem that I continue to have is the tire monitoring system. Had 2 sensors replaced and am having problems again. Just cannot keep the sensors operating properly. Only other problem was the electrical system went dead one day. Overall, a lovely car to drive. I get very good gas mileage (27-29) on long trips. In town, normally 20-21. Love the car.

Embarrassed
By JONES199 on 08/13/08 09:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I am embarrassed I like this car do much. Looks great, mileage is surprising, the cooled seats are off the chart. My friends all make fun of me for driving the "old man's car" until they rise in it. I now get stuck driving lots of places. The Cadillac dealership however could learn from the high end imports.

Would not start
By Jerry G on 04/11/08 14:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Would not start AGAIN. This is the 3rd time since we bought it. It goes back to the dealer and on the 1st time he said we left something on. According to the owner's manual everything is supposed to shut down after 10 minutes. 2nd time they could find nothing. They still have it for the 3rd. time today. It remains to be seen what the problem may or may not be. Also lots of luck calling 1 800 Cadillac to get it started. The first 2 times they sent a qualified starting service, not today. This guy was not equipped to start a car that was still in the garage.

I'd buy it again
By Duke Borkoski on 10/23/07 09:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 4th Caddy and it has more omph that any of the previous 3. Great color -Ice Blue. Got better mileage with the '03 but this still gets 25-27 mpg on the road. Love the extra toys - heated steering wheel, OnStar, etc.

Assessing the 2006 Cadillac DTS
By Jim on 06/28/07 16:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I thoroughly enjoy the car in almost every aspect. It has lots of zip and yet is classy. The interior is nicely laid out with plenty of room. The seats are comfortable. I don't use the remote start much, but in the winter it is nice to have. I thoroughly enjoy the XM radio. Like drugs, it is extremely addictive. I cannot live without it now. I have since installed it in my second car and when I replace that, I will get XM radio in the new car.

Great experience
By Chuck on 03/27/07 18:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I just got back from a trip to Florida and the DTS exceeded my fondest expectations. The ride was great, fuel economy ok (22 mpg overall in 2600 highway miles and 1600 urban miles), and the XM radio simply fantastic. The only criticism was in figuring out the memory seat coordination with the keys. The interior room and trunk space was well appreciated for a 4 week trip. This is my 15th cadillac and I would buy another one in a heart beat.

2006 DTS Potential Buyers Beware
By John on 12/28/06 17:53 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love the car and the way it handles. You just can't beat the ride of a Cadillac, but...buyer beware. They do not retain their value at all. I was going to trade it in after one year to take advantage of Cadillac's recent incentives and the dealer had the nerve to only offer me $24,000 trade in on a car that I paid $55,000 for. I would never buy another one based on the extremely poor value retention. You'd be better off to look at an Audi or a BMW, something that will maintain it's value more

Cadillac
By Cadillac on 12/23/06 06:34 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best car I ever owned. It has a great ride, handles well, and has lots of extras that make driving more fun.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.