Used 1994 Cadillac DeVille Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Cadillac Deville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

Over all performance of Cadillac
By Thomas

1994 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

This model is high performance in comfort, style and dependability. For 15 years it has been well maintained and in very good shape. The best looking car on the road even today! White Deamond exterior with tan leather roof. Interior is light tan and comfortabel for travel. Needs some computer adjustments but all in all excellent car.

Favorite Features

COMFORT! COMFORT! COMFORT! and dependability!

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement we wold suggest is changing the color on the dash board as you can't read the clock in the day time.

good deal!
By don

1994 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought this 94 when i returned from Kuwait. Had sold a 93 Fleetwood I'd had the yr before deploying. 94 get's better MPG city and hwy and is a better ride. All options worked and have continued too. Have over 140k miles on it with only base repairs based on mileage. Driven RT across country will NO problems. The only "strange" thing is the engine backfires and gets sluggish for no apparent reason and with no regularity. No the FI, or plugs/wires. Once it starts cannot accelerate. I pull over and cut the engine, re-start and no more problems, until it's next time to do it.

Favorite Features

Handling and hwy mileage

Suggested Improvements

Classic style, enough said. The 06-08 are nicer looking.

1994 Cadi
By Jerry

1994 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

Purchased the vehicle with 34,000 miles on it. Vehicle looked perfect, but had a poor heating system during the cold months. Coolant was leaking and spent over $500 to fix the gasket. Then started leaking in another place. I would think Cadillac would have done something to prevent this, after all the great things I thought I heard about their vehicles. Will never own another one, way to expensive to keep running, and could not trust the vehicle on the road.

Favorite Features

I hear the engine has a terrible history. Again, would not recommend anyone buying one. It was a terrible car with only 55,000 miles when I ran into a ton of problems that could not be fixed.

OK luxury sedan
By kialover15

1994 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

My grandparents have a 1994 Cadillc Deville, it is getting old and losing its charm, but it is basicly a good car. The seats are getting lower and lower, but they are comfortable. The ride is a little rough too. Gas mileage is only good on the express ways though, in the city we average of about 15.5 mpg. The side mirrors need to be larger for such a big car. Nothing ever seems to go wrong with it though, never had to change a light in it, never had engine problems, guess that is why we still have it 15 years later.

Favorite Features

Big trunk and back seat.

Suggested Improvements

Larger side mirrors and glove box.

Grrreat Car
By Jim T.

1994 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used from a local dealer. It's one of the most powerful and comfortable vehicles I have ever owned. Besides its power and comfort, it drives like a sports car hugging curves like a Porsche or BMW. It has trunk space sufficient to hold the contents of a FedEx delivery van. There's also more interior room than most roadside motel rooms I've stayed at over the years.

Favorite Features

Power and more power. 85 mph feels like your doing 50 mph. Also, I like the relatively good gas milage at 22 - 25 mpg. This car has space to relax everywhere inside.

Suggested Improvements

Mine has a cloth top that catches every speck blowing in the air. I'm constatly brusing the stuff off to keep the car looking good.