2014 Cadillac CTS Vsport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Cadillac Cts - Consumer Reviews

2014 Cadillac CTS Vsport

Vsport 3.6L V6 Twin-turbo 8-speed Automatic - (1 review )

Cadillac IS back like never before
By Richard Domingues Boscovich

2014 Cadillac CTS Vsport Vsport 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

OK. I grew up lusting after BMW's 3 & 5 series, and love what Audi has done with itself over the past several years. I am not your typical Cadillac buyer by any stretch of the imagination. I love Formula 1, soccer ( football everywhere else) and any auto sport with the exclusion of NASCAR. Having said that, I have always kept an open mind all things automotive. I regularly test drive cars from numerous manufactures, and judge cars by their merits, not brand reputation. So when I wanted a performance sedan, I tested all of them. The CTS v Sport is, hands down, the best handling sport sedan period. Not BMW, Jag, Lexus.. nothing. The quality, feel and finish is excellent. Drive it!

Favorite Features

Handling. The magnetic ride suspension is magical. Now I understand why Ferrari licenses it from GM. Brakes, I have never experienced braking on a sedan as linear, progressive and fade free. Steering, speechless. Now, the powertrain. Flexible and torque galore! Granted, the 3.6 is still not as smooth as the BMW's, but the power and torque make it for it as does the lovely roar of the engine. Now for the interior. Finally, an interior which closes the gap with the Germans and Asian manufactures. Great quality wit a very distinct American flair. Not a cold barren feeling. Nice. And the content per price ratio is excellent. And the audio; great!

Suggested Improvements

Not much here. I know people hate the CUE system. Not sure why? It takes some time to learn, but once you get it, it is magical. The only issue I have sometimes is the voice recognition. It takes time, but the more you use it the better it "learns.' Take time to read the manual and play with it whilst parked to get the feeling. Once you do, it will be easy. There are two small interior pieces that I feel needs to be upgraded. The plastic cover up the B-pillar is not up to par. No idea why not. Small issue, but one which should be addressed. Also, the Summer tires. I know that they are what contributes to the amazing handling; however, maybe an option to get HP all seasons? That's it!