Used 2006 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

I Really Like This Buick
By paul cameron

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this Rendezvous for 3 yrs. It is an excellent vehicle. Even 3 yrs old there are no rattles or decline of quality. Have not had 1 single mechanical problem of any kind. Totally dependable. With 3rd row seating down can fit 4 suitcases and 4 sets of golf clubs in the Rendezvous for a golf trip. Perfect! Gets 26 mpg on the hwy. Being a Minnesota vehicle I use both air and heater and the heating/cooling systems work perfectly,quietly and quickly.

Automatic headlight/dashlight sensor that turns your headlights and dash lights on automatically in dim light conditions. Great safety feature. The Buick quiet tuning. Wow! Interior cabin quiet even at hwy speed is exceptional. The ride is remarkably smooth and very comfortable.

A 5 or 6 speed transmission would have been preferable to the standard 4 speed. The entire center overhead sunglass holder compartment is plastic. Kind of a cheap touch in an otherwise classy vehicle. Don't expect cheap plastic in a Buick.

It grew on me
By Eddie

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When I first saw this vehicle I wasn't quite sure what to make of it. Was it a minivan or an SUV and it screamed soccor mom. I'm a 43 year old single dad and like to think I'm still a little cool. However after driving it, I was sold! Handles well, good pick up, loaded with interior compartments, decent stock stereo, lots of room and very comfortable. The end result, I love it!

Comfort and performance. Great interior features.

Stereo could be better, no jack for my mp3 player. Only two power outlets.

Too many things gone wrong!
By unhappy

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had to replace both front hubs at only 52,000 miles, power steering pump is blown at 60,000 miles, check engine light has come on several times for no reason causing diog. prior to inspection, interior parts loose, speakers already blowing. Very inaccurate gas guage which has already caused me to run out of gas.

Good gas mileage, cute, family comfortable

Improve or replace gas guages, sensors, install stronger inside parts, hatch handle etc.

Great Car
By Sam Keifer

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I test drove a number of vehicles and liked the way the Rendevous felt on the road. I have been happy with the fuel economy. 21.5 average and 25.5 on the highway at 70 MPH. Overall, it is a great car. The editors and other people don't rate it like the owners...but drive it you'll like it and you'll like the price of insurance and the price of the vehicle.

XM radio as well as all the power options

50 mpg

06 Rendezvous
By Cathy

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Rendezvous has been a great family car. It's only been in the garage for normal maintenance. Great advantages from both an SUV and van's standpoints. It has 60000 miles now and still nothing major with it.

The wood grain, light blue paint color and 25 miles to the gallon

The air conditioner/fan could have more power to it. Also the horn is very hard to push.