2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:
Very happy
By very happy on 06/28/06 19:28 PM (PDT)

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have used this car extensivly and I love it. Plenty of cargo space and comfort. More room than the most SUVs in its class. Rides like a car but has the room of a truck.

Utter Junk
By Frosty on 06/12/06 13:57 PM (PDT)

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this because my wife did not want to by typical looking minivan for the kids. What a bad choice. So far we have had the air conditioning overhauled at 10K miles, the engine seals blow at 20K miles, a complete transmission overhaul at 30K miles (had to call the mfg to get this covered under warranty), and now at 45K the wheel bearings and gas guage (800$ just for the gas guage repair)are toast. This is my second GM experience, fool me twice shame on me. As soon as I pay for the new bearings I am running to a Japanese or Korean car dealer ASAP.

A GM Fan No More!
By Chad on 05/06/06 13:42 PM (PDT)

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle beacause of the rear cargo space and I did like how it drove compared to the Chrysler Pacifica. However as far as reliability, this vehicle is not what I would have expected for a Buick. I put on alot of miles and am beginning to be nickeled and dimed on this SUV. I can't say that I will be buying another GM soon. I'm looking to trade this one away. But oh yeah, that's right, it doesn't hold it's value neither. Guess I'm out of luck.

Buick Rendezvous
By Christopher Ordner on 04/15/06 14:59 PM (PDT)

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Get great gas mileage and perfect features for my family of six. I have owned my Rendezvous for five months and not found one thing to complain about when it comes to its functionality. No comfort complaints either. As a matter of fact, since I have purchased my Rendezvous I have seen six new Rendezvous owners around my neighborhood.

Great Buick
By Don on 03/22/06 06:01 AM (PST)

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I drive a lot of freeway miles and have found this vehicle to be quite comfortable and fairly easy on gas. I bought the base model and recommend the upgrade to the safety equipment: side air bags, anti lock brakes, and traction control. I believe they are worth the money and the vehicle list at around $28,500 with the options. However, you can push this vehicle up to around $34,000 with a lot a gadgets that are worth as on most vehicle about 40% of what you pay for them. If you want a good value stay near the base with those options that you really want. My biggest concern with this and most all vehicles of it's type is the lack a good way to secure luggage and other items in the rear area

My Rendezvous
By Brenda Wendelken on 03/09/06 07:57 AM (PST)

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this 1 year old car with 13000 miles on it from a dealer. All who ride in my car say it is the most comfortable riding SUV ever. Just like sitting on the living room sofa. It drives and handles like a Cadillac, has great pickup when needed; dashboard accessories are also conveniently located on steering wheel making for safer driving (no looking down to change radio stations, etc). Cargo area large enough for most items, middle seats fold down easily to create more room in cargo. Also has Onstar if installed when purchased. My only criticism is color of the spedometer numbers hard to see in daylight. Thank you GM for this great car!!

Junk
By Brian Bryans on 03/02/06 09:04 AM (PST)

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We have had several mechanical issues on our Rendevous. This first was a transmission problem that kept the car in 3rd gear. This was repaired under warranty. We had to replace the tires at 20,000 miles and Buick would not prorate the tires because we did not have full paperwork showing that we had rotated the tires.Our most recent problem was with a check engine light. The light came on with 43,000 miles on the car, 7k miles out of warranty.It ended up being that water was getting into the car under the carpet and had rusted sensors. The dealership had to strip all the interior out and fix the problem. Cost $1200. There is no wonder GM is on the verge of bankruptcy!

Lots of room
By PA Commuter on 02/08/06 20:57 PM (PST)

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought a Certified Rendezvous and a Certified Pacifica within a month of each other. I took the Pacifica originally because it looks and feels sportier than the Redndezvous. Unfortunately after communing in the Pacifica for a few weeks I found the ride to be quite uncomfortable for someone my height (6'4"). I eventually traded it to my wife for her Rendezvous. I like the sporty look and feel of the Pacifica, but I appreciate the unbelievably comfortable seats (wide, high, heated) and soft ride of the Buick.

Love It!
By Krista on 02/08/06 12:19 PM (PST)

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

In two years and over 60,000 miles, it's only been in the shop once! Two hours for an emissions sensor - didn't affect performance at all. You won't find a better value in a seven passenger vehicle. 20 mpg rivals any full size SUV. It feels underpowered if you try to pass at speeds over 80, but I keep up on California Freeways. Dual climate control and comfy seats make it perfect for long road trips. Handles well in the snow and tows great.

I love this car/suv/wagon.
By Jamie on 01/27/06 19:51 PM (PST)

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car to have more space for my growing family but I wanted something that was comfortable and not in the van family. I am young and I desire a car that is nice looking and doesn't make me look old. This car is awesome on long road trips. It is so comfortable and it rides like a luxury car. It is elegant and worth the money.