Used 2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Most Helpful|
Very Satisfied
By zeke

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car had 18,000 miles on it when purchased. It is one of the best cars I've owned so far. We took it to CA and averaged 27+MPG. Only had one small problem, so far, still under warranty. Every one remarks about the ride, and handling. Due to my job, I drive around 20 different cars a day, and if I drive a Rendezvous there is a different feeling about them. I occasionally pull a cargo trailer,and it does a great job, but just slightly under powered. I have the third seat but don't use it. Has plenty of cargo room for me. I purchase it because of the positive reviews that I read.

Favorite Features

Comfort. Easy to get in and out of. Handling. Roominess on second row seats

Suggested Improvements

Better dash lighting during daylight. Brakes could be a little more responsive.

Big Mistake
By MP

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this vehicle with 35,000 miles on it. It was ok for the first year and then one thing after another started to go on this car. It seems to be in the shop every other month and each time costs range from $300 up to over $1000!!!! I am getting rid of this car and most likely won't buy another Buick any time soon!

Favorite Features

3rd Row

brake fluid fire
By Julie

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

YESTERDAY; our daughter was driving back home from an appt when the brakes failed--she eased it home, was in the house telling us about the problem for about 15-20 minutes while car was sitting turned off in the driveway. My husband went out to look under the hood and found it ON FIRE. Brake fluid was dripping on the hot manifold Luckily he was able to extinguish it. I believe the design of the engine with the brake line so close situated just above the hot manifold is ultimate cause. The heat MUST be causing the lines to crack/leak unlike in any other vehicle I have owned. We have seen reports online of similar problems since this happened to us.

Favorite Features

radio and cruise controls on steering wheel. lots of power outlets, great design for hauling kids and stuff. comfortable for long distance travel

Suggested Improvements

puse storage basket not accessible/big enough. vent louvers not mobile enough for directioning. Build it better! repairs have been expensive: wheel bearings, multiple brakes.

168,000 and still going strong
By snovietoots

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love it, bought it used with 53,000 4 years ago and it never seems to sit still. I drive 45 miles or more one way to work each day and I get 22 miles to the gallon. I've looked to get a better gas car but for the amount of space I have and the mpg its hard to say good bye to it so I decided to keep it. I have never done anything other than normal wear and tear. I have found that the driver's door hinge is weak and have had to reenforce that once after a big wind got it. but other than that its been a great vehicle and has taken a lot of wear and tear. If they stil made them I would definately get a new one.

Favorite Features

I can put just as much in my vehicle as my husband can in his pick up and I get 22 mpg he gets 13! lots of room!

Suggested Improvements

the door hinges I found to be a little weak had the driver's door re-enforced and its fine now but that could've been cause a huge gust of wind came up and took the door out of my hand.

don't waste your money
By argon1

2003 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

after buying this auto it failed in many ways first it was the brake lines that rotted out, then the over heating problem and the engine repair then the rotors and pads, the wheel bearing next. all of this with in 1.5 yrs of owning it and less than 5000 miles this is nothing as to having to tear the front end apart just to change the battery . so far I put another 3000 dolars into it since I got it. and to top that off the window fell down and I found that all the plastic parts that hold the window had broken lol this is the auto for you if the bank is yours.

Favorite Features

when it is running and not costing me extra money

Suggested Improvements

Gm please learn to build an auto the right way not the cheap way.