These owners are preaching the truth!
By TG Smith on
1999 Buick Regal GS 4dr Sedan
My father's generation used to say, "People with money buy Cadilacs, but SMART people with money buy Buicks!" I would update this for my generation to say, "People with money buy BMW's (or Lexus or Infiniti), but SMART people with money buy the Buick Regal." I have owned several new BMW's over the years and don't get me wrong, the Regal GS can't match them in the handling department, but overall my Regal is much more car for the money than any BMW I ever owned. These other reviewers are preaching the truth. The Buick Regal GS is one of the best values and one of the best kept secrets on the road.
Favorite Features
The supercharged engine with almost "muscle car" acceleration. The many standard helpful, common-sense, features. The comfortable ride - you can take this car for long rides and still feel fresh. Low maintenance. At 37,000 virtually all that the car has needed is oil changes.
Suggested Improvements
Better handling. It's a powerful sedan but it needs to exhibit less body roll in the turns for me to call it a true sports sedan. A touch better styling. Though I like the style, for my taste the nose is a little too long for the tail.